UBS Financial Services BCBS-239 Independent Validation Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you an expert on the BCBS 239 Principle requirements? Do you know how to work well within a team to develop and deliver solutions? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Support the business and provide robust guidance, advice and challenge across UBS, ensuring all BCBS 239 requirements are understood, owned and managed to the firm's risk appetite
– Ensure BCBS 239 risk and control frameworks are designed and operating effectively across UBS and assist with the implementation and operation of risk processes within UBS
– Maintain the BCBS 239 control/process population, and associated BCBS 239 mappings, assisting with the management of changes to the population and production of change reconciliations
– Maintain BCBS 239 testing issue logs and compare the results of BCBS 239 testing with the latest self-assessments and analyse inconsistencies
– Monitor, review and perform BCBS 239 assessments of operational issues and events
– Assist in the production of the Annual Attestation Report, to provide an evaluation of UBS compliance with the BCBS 239 Principles
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the BCBS 239 Independent Validation Team, which sits within Corporate Center Risk Control, an independent second line of defense function responsible for the implementation of the Operational Risk Framework across UBS. The role of the BCBS 239 Independent Validation Team is to review the bank's compliance with the BCBS 239 Principles, ensuring the bank's risk data aggregation and reporting processes are functioning as intended and are defined appropriately for the bank's risk profile. We aim to provide UBS with real time guidance and challenge around aspects of their businesses and processes, including critically challenging the suitability of controls and processes and partnering with them on points of escalations.
– Experience and knowledge of internal control design and risk management, with a proven track record of successful delivery of both a day-to-day mandate, change initiatives and able to meet fixed deadlines
– Undertaken independent assessments on issues, events and/or internal controls across the breadth of an organization
– Coordinated other risk control functions, internal audit or external reviews to develop a complete and integrated view of risk
– 5-10 years of experience in either Data Control Framework Design, or Risk Reporting, within financial services
– Knowledge of the BCBS 239 Principle requirements, preferable but not mandatory
– The ability to deal with a large workload and prioritize competing demands with an eye for process improvement, planning and organization
– Driven a change initiative which required decision making and effective stakeholder management
– Creative, independently minded, strong technically with problem solving/analytical and strong influencing skills
– Methodical, concise and accurate with strong attention to detail
– Able to analyse and understand processes and controls at a high level
– A strong communicator both orally and in writing (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– Team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently and autonomously
- Good knowledge of German is a nice have
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 185033BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: BCBS-239 Independent Validation Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk