CVS Health Director of Clinical and Scientific Affairs in Woonsocket, Rhode Island
As one of the founding members of the CVS Health Kidney Care team, you will play an important role in designing new clinical programs to improve the lives of individuals with kidney disease. The Director, Clinical and Scientific Affairs is a clinically trained professional who will establish and direct strategic clinical and scientific activities and programs across the U.S. based on patient and client needs, clinical best practices and business growth opportunities.
Responsibilities of the Director, Clinical and Scientific Affairs (estimated percent of time in brackets):
• Develop and grow professional organization relationships in the support of kidney disease research and education, while maintaining alignment with business goals.
• Build and maintain key external relationships, including key opinion leaders and subject matter experts, as clinical expert on CVS Kidney Care’s program.
• Develop a strategic vision for clinical evidence generation and scientific communication to meet business relevant desired claims for marketed products
• Serve as a subject matter expert / clinical resource for sales, marketing and other business functions for the development of clinically focused materials.
• Lead clinical review of promotional and payor materials, including physician and nurse directed materials, patient directed materials and website related content.
• Initiate and collaborate in the development of clinical and scientific messaging based on published and internal data.
• Keep abreast of the changing CKD and dialysis market, maintaining a credible clinical and scientific level of expertise on the major drivers of change and evolving practice patterns.
• Develop and execute on the annual clinical business plan.
• A candidate for this position could be based in various locations nationwide where CVS has established business offices.
• At least 15 years clinical nephrology experience of which at least 5 years must include care and / or oversight of CKD, home dialysis, or renal transplant patients.
• At least 10 years of healthcare experience within a dialysis provider, pharmaceutical or medical device company.
• In-depth knowledge of the clinical and regulatory requirements for investigator initiated research and professional education programs.
• Experience developing products and / or solutions for physicians or healthcare providers within the renal space.
• Experience communicating and collaborating with professional societies and national / international key opinion leaders and subject matter experts.
• Excellent verbal presentation skills and presence, with the ability to assess the audience and appropriately tailor the message, tone and style of the presentation accordingly.
• Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment within a large organization.
• Ability to manage multiple work streams and product deliverables.
• BSN (required)
• MSN, MBA or equivalent (strongly preferred)
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- CVS Health Jobs