Assurant Associate Enterprise Monitoring Analyst in Woodbury, Minnesota
Associate Enterprise Monitoring Analyst
The Associate Enterprise Monitoring Analyst will assist senior personnel in learning the various day-to-day operational functions on mainframe and distributed platforms for Assurant subsidiaries. This position supports complex technical environments, which includes all Assurant platforms, applications and systems across the entire enterprise, while involving the assistance of senior personnel. This includes: Internet and Intranet, two mainframe environments, the Local Area Networks, (LAN) Wide Area Network, (WAN), hundreds of applications as well as 1400 personal computers (hardware and software). Support is provided twenty-four hours a day, and seven days a week to six businesses, including International sites as well as approximately 800 remote field offices supporting regional sales directors, their agents, broker dealers, retail representatives and business partners.
The over all role of this position is to assist senior personnel with escalation, coordination, facilitation and communication associated with daily workloads, incidents and off-hour major incidents within the Assurant Organizations. The position will assist senior personnel in off-hour major incidents by making outbound calls to technical support teams as directed. The position assists in coordinating teams that perform resolution and facilitates effective and efficient activity. This position participates in maintaining incident and other critical processes in order to meet business system availability objectives
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support the Day-to-Day workload:
- Participates in investigations for enterprise infrastructure monitoring. Helps to identify and document issues according to pre-described service or as directed by senior personnel.
- Assists senior staff members in escalation as directed.
- Participates in console monitoring, basic resolution, escalation and execution of predefined check list analysis for performance, security and availability across the enterprise to include mainframe and Tandem systems, servers, storage and networks worldwide.
- Assists senior personnel in monitoring services for an enterprise wide customer base including e-business Solutions for responsive resolution or escalation of alerts for all high availability servers identified as critical; and ensure clearing of alerts through proper follow-up to support teams as necessary.
- Assist senior staff members, when comfortable or directed with all day-to-day responsibilities, with managing incidents and escalation during off-hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Assists in the support of the physical security tasks and activities associated with the Data Center.
- Provide Tier 1 support and assist the support of Tier 2 on our network, mainframe and client server applications to ensure 24x7 availability.
- Works closely with senior personnel in situations involving moderate to complex problems and situations.
- Participates in maintaining documentation under the direction of senior personnel or Manager.
Off-shift on call support: * Participates in Disaster Recovery testing * Participates in weekend application implementations
- Working towards or acquired Bachelor's Degree or Technical degree in Computer Science.
- 1 year Operational experience.
- Ability to work 3 day, 12-hour shifts and/or 5 day, 8-hour shifts to include 2nd and 3rd shifts. Flexible to work non-prime time shifts such as nights, weekends, holidays and other unique work schedules that are common in the industry. Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity with desktop, networking, server, distributed-systems and mainframe environments.
- Good customer service skills to meet customers demand and requirements.
- Flexibility and adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to work in a volatile and dynamic environment with multiple and changing priorities, where prioritization and time management is a must.
- Good problem analysis and resolution, impact verification, troubleshooting, coaching and facilitation experience.
- Working knowledge with Personal Computers and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes).
- I/T Process Methodologies (AIMS) a plus. Tools:
CA7, CA11, CA1, OPSMVS (SMM, ops tables, commands and log), CICS/IMS (relationship and commands). Nimbus, Empirix and HP Openview monitoring, HP Service Desk, Talisma/Moxie, Secure Sync, SAR/$AVRS, Veritas, MS Visual Basic, and Microsoft Office, JCL (job control language), TSO/ISPF (time sharing option), Linux and Unix commands. GECS and multi-batch processing for the UNIX/NT and HP NonStop tape drive and environment familiarity.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Associate Enterprise Monitoring Analyst
Requisition ID: 56077