BWAY Corporation Electrical Engineer in Woodbridge, New Jersey
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging products and services. The company's more than 11,000 employees operate more than 180 plants in 20 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and South America. At Mauser Packaging Solutions we develop, manufacture and market packaging solutions for some of the most renowned companies throughout all major industrial branches.
Mauser Packaging Solutions has an opportunity for a Plant Electrical Engineer for their Woodbridge, NJ metal drum manufacturing plant.
The technical functions include the design, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, as well as continuous improvement and project budgetary considerations. The ability to program and modify PLCs is an important part of this role. This plant has older PLCs, HMIs, and relay logic. This equipment must be maintained and upgraded.
* Act as technical lead in design, installation, troubleshooting and upgrades of equipment and processes.
- Lead project improvement team and CAPEX projects in the Woodbridge, NJ facility
* Design, program, analyze and repair electrical drives and control units including configuring PLC motor controls and electrical protection.
- Be able to perform PLC programming & diagnostics on Omron, Siemens & Allen Bradley programs. Work with and troubleshoot electrical equipment such as:
- Work with and troubleshoot electrical equipment such as: Relays, contactors, overloads, timers
- Photo detection & proximity switches or light curtains
- Work safety with 480VAC, 277VAC, 110VAC, Low DC and control voltages/currents.
* Manage Engineering and Plant Maintenance Projects to achieve desired results and conclude within agreed budget and timeline.
* Manage and perform p hysical installation of equipment during moves and upgrades.
* Assist Maintenance in identifying and resolving problems.
* Investigate equipment failures/faulty operations with improvement recommendations.
* Continuously seek opportunities to improve equipment performance and operations.
* Participate the roll out of the eMaint preventative maintenance system for all electrical components and panels
* Must have a minimum of 5 years prior Plant or Project Engineering experience.
* Must have basic drafting experience using drawing programs and prior project management experience.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
* Must be able to design and troubleshoot using PLCs
* Must be able to troubleshoot hydraulics, electrical, pneumatic using schematics, prints and diagrams
* Mechanical Engineering or Technical degree a plus