National Lutheran Communities and Services Licensed Practial Nurse (LPN) - Full-Time in Winchester, Virginia
We have Full-time and PRN positions available and are serving our clients in the following counties in Virginia: Winchester, Clarke, Frederick, Shenandoah, Warren, Page, Augusta and Rockingham :
In accordance with National Lutheran’s We Care philosophy, the Guiding Principle Core Values, and in alignment with the NLCS culture, the Server is responsible and accountable for the following:
Reporting to the Home Care Agency Clinical Director, the LPN Staff Nurse implements care, administers medication and treatments for assigned clients.
- Assumes responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned clients under the supervision of Clinical Director
- Provides nursing services in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the Virginia Board of Nursing
- Participates in development and maintenance of current and accurate interdisciplinary care plan as delegated. Incorporates new orders and changes in condition as delegated.
- Prepares and administers medications and nursing treatment to meet the interdisciplinary plan of care as assigned
- Makes observations regarding the health status of the clients and shares the information with the Clinical Director
- Participates in notification of families of new orders, changes in condition and physician visits, as delegated
- Documents resident care and observations for assigned clients
- Assists in direct resident care such as handling or moving clients
- Responds to emergency and/or life threatening situations and provides assistance as required
- Participates in implementation of admission and discharge of clients as delegated
- Performs other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
- Associate Degree in Nursing required
- LPN licensed in the State where Agency work is conducted.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a hospital, long-term care facility or other related healthcare facility
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office