National Lutheran Communities and Services Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Full-Time in Winchester, Virginia
We are now offering a Sign on Bonus for a limited time. Full Time/Part Time C.N.A. candidates hired will be eligible $500 and PRN C.N.A. candidates will be eligible for $250. Details will be provided at the interview. We are also enhancing our PRN rates in lieu of benefits. We are currently recruiting for PRN's, 2 FT day shifts and 1 PT Split shift (6:00a.m.-10:00a.m.).
In accordance with National Lutheran’s We CARE philosophy, the Guiding Principle Core Values, and in alignment with the NLCS culture, the Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible and accountable for the following:
Under the direction of the Charge Nurse and reporting to the Nurse Manager, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for providing direct, hands-on care to residents to ensure residents attain or maintain the highest possible physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- Encourages resident’s highest level of functioning, allowing and encouraging residents to participate in self-care and providing cues and assistance as needed. Gives general care to residents to include:
- Bathes residents; gives showers, whirlpool baths and bed baths
- Provides mouth care, brushing teeth or applying dentures
- Assists with dressing residents; assures residents are appropriately and comfortably clothed
- Gives personal care to include hair care, beauty care, shaves male residents, cleans and trims nails
- Makes beds, sets rooms in order, waters flowers, and fills water pitchers
- Cares for glasses, dentures, beds and other equipment used in the care of residents
- Under direction, assists with and/or performs procedures that have been assigned and with supervision to include:
- Admitting, transferring, discharging residents;
- Taking and recording vital signs, measuring and recording intake and output;
- Collecting specimens;
- Giving care to residents in casts or traction;
- Giving enemas,
- Orients new residents to environment, room, roommate, staff and routine;
- Weighing and measuring residents and recording results;
- Documenting on voiding diary BM’s and food intake.
- Assists patients to and from the bathroom, offers bedpans and participates in keeping incontinent patients clean at all times. Changes linens as often as necessary. Assists in bowel and bladder training program
- Participates in transferring residents from bed/chair using good body mechanics. Obtains assistance for all total lift transfers
- Participates in resident meals, providing assistance and care throughout the meal as needed including; assisting with menu selection, providing nourishment and fresh water, supervising and assisting during dining, assisting in personal care after meals
- Assists residents for naps and bedtime. Turns and positions residents as needed Performs personal services for residents to promote comfort, security and rehabilitation Responds promptly to call lights for residents
- Observes residents refusal of care, mood, reaction, appetite, etc., and reports findings to supervisor immediately. Reports any injuries to residents immediately
- Applies standard precautions in all resident care. Follows isolation procedures when indicated
- Participates in the orientation of new or temporary staff to the unit to assure continuity in the delivery of resident care
- Supports, maintains and assists with projects related to the Activity Programs of the facility.
- Promotes and encourages social interactions from residents during meals, during direct care and at other times as appropriate
- Assists with restorative and rehabilitative care of residents
- Participates in unit cleaning duties, as directed
- Performs other duties as required IND123 JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
High School diploma or equivalent preferred Completion of Nurse Assistant education program approved by the Board of Nursing required Nursing Assistant Certification required Must be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing as applicable to their job responsibilities Ability to communicate and work with persons of varying educational and cultural backgrounds