Lubrizol Full-year Internship - Americas Procurement Internship in Wickliffe, Ohio
Location: Wickliffe, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Are you driven to think differently, execute precisely and produce prolifically? If boundless ways to explore new ideas, amass invaluable experience, and push yourself and conventional limits is what you’re looking for, Lubrizol is looking for you.
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a trusted market-driven global leader in developing specialty chemicals that optimize the quality, performance, value and sustainability of products you use every day. In other words, we help the world’s leading manufacturers make their products better…from shampoo to makeup, pharmaceuticals to cleaners, engine oils to fuel additives, textiles to plastics. The list of products and industries is vast, as is the opportunity.
Talk with us to learn why so many companies from around the world count on Lubrizol when they need to create new and improved. And come join the team that dreams, designs and delivers it.
Explore our Procurement Internship
Take this opportunity to stand out and be a leader! The Lubrizol Corporation’s Americas Procurement paid internship is designed to prepare students to be professionals in the business world.
What will you gain from this internship opportunity?
- Presentation, professional communication, and analytical skills.
- Extensive training in Microsoft Office as well as SAP, and other valuable software utilized by company.
- Overall understanding of corporate and departmental objectives.
- Opportunity to interact with multiple departments, as well as work closely with customers and suppliers of Lubrizol.
- Opportunity to be creative in developing or suggesting new processes to implement.
- Work in a comfortable environment with peers on team initiatives and goals.
- Access to mentors, planned social events, and educational opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and interpret analytical reports using SAP and other internal tools.
- Support for cross-functional and cross-organizational sourcing initiatives and strategies.
- Assist with mapping global sourcing processes and identifying potential areas for cost reduction.
- Utilize project management skills to execute multiple project tasks simultaneously.
- Improve process efficiencies and track key metrics to be reported to management.
- Work with global partners to standardize practices and run various analyses.
- This internship spans the course of one full calendar year: May 2019 - May 2020. Must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the Summer of 2019 and part-time (10-20 hours per week) during the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters.
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university with an expected graduation date on or after spring 2020. We are considering the following majors: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Logistics, Math/Statistics, and some Technical majors.
- Rising seniors with GPA at or above 3.0 will be given priority consideration, but we will also consider rising juniors.
- Ability to integrate business acumen with technical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and imperfect data.
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Procurement, Intern, ERP, Logistics, SAP, Operations, Entry Level, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/509532500/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>
- Lubrizol Jobs