PIH Health SENIOR COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE (PHP-BUSINESS SERVICES, WHITTIER): FULL-TIME in Whittier, California
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Sr. Collection Representative performs various follow up related tasks, dealing with all insurance and patient billing; and works with other clinic personnel, patients and visitors to maintain positive internal and public relations.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collections practices and basic medical coding
- Computer data entry skills
- Communication skills to deal courteously with patients
- Effective time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in Spanish desired Required Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have 5 years of experience in patient billing and collections
- Coding Certification from nationally recognized organization such as AHIMA, AAPC
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Tracking Code: 7047-977
Job Location: Whittier, California, United States