MAXAR Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager in westminster, Colorado
Please review the job details below.
Maxar has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager. This Accounting Manager will play an important role in the joint Maxar and SSL Robotics accounting department and will have tasks related to both groups of companies, but will primarily serve the role as head of accounting for SSL Robotics.
• Month end accounting close duties
• Understand the operations of the companies, accounts, and other duties assigned to this Accountant
• Analyze and research outstanding liabilities to create month end accruals
• Account for cash, investments, and other treasury-related balances
• Build relationships in order to successfully partner with stakeholders including Payroll, Intercompany, Accounts payable, Intenal audit, Treasury, Technical accounting, FP&A, etc.
• Prepare and enter journal entries into our Deltek accounting system and OneStream consolidations tool
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations using Deltek and OneStream
• Partner with other locations to research and reconcile Intercompany transactions
• Provide analysis of operating results and financial position
• Create and maintain desk procedures for all processes
• Ensure timely execution and quality of internal controls operation
• Collaborate with other departments for ongoing process improvement efforts
• Work with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
• Some travel to California and Houston may be required to understand the business as this work transitions to Westminster
• Process improvement
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Help with DCAA filings and maintaining accounts for government compliance
• Manage 1-2 staff accountants for ensuring accounting for the business unit meets corporate deadlines for close / financial reporting
• Prepare / review consolidation information for Corporate filings
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience
Big-4 accounting experience a plus
Strong knowledge of US GAAP
Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment while also knowing when to ask questions to better understand the process / issue
Excellent Word and Excel skills
Excellent organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of Deltek or other large accounting systems used for governmental compliance is a plus.
CPA is a plus
Experience in the aerospace industry is a plus
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
We are a vertically integrated, new space economy story, including segments across the value continuum for every moment leading up to and following launch. We lead in satellite communications (building and operating), ground infrastructure, Earth observation, advanced analytics, insights from machine learning, next-generation propulsion, space robotics, on-orbit servicing, on-orbit assembly, and protection of space assets through cybersecurity and monitoring of space systems. By integrating our leading-edge capabilities, we provide innovative, cost-effective solutions, value for customers, and thus unlock the multiplier effect of our combined businesses.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- MAXAR Jobs