United States Steel Consulting Engineer III in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
9607BRMid-Level:Engineering & Technology - Engineering Work Location:IRVIN PLANTJob Description:Engineering at U. S. Steel is at the core of our business and key to our success as one of the world’s largest steel producers. Our Consulting Engineering division is seeking a Consultant Rolling Engineering working out of our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ecorse, Michigan or Gary, Indiana locations.
• Consults to Project Engineering and Operations to provide in-depth technical, operational and business recommendations based on knowledge of steel industry processes and a thorough understanding of related equipment/infrastructure.
• Collaborates with Engineering Site Managers and Alliance partners, operations and staff (project sponsors) in the cost-effective development and execution of projects in their respective area of expertise. Leads problem-solving efforts in specific area of expertise to resolve special process problems, maximizes process capabilities and reduces plant cost.
• Leads and facilitates process technology evaluations and functions as an engineering liaison with Research. Stays abreast of the latest technologies.
• Provides detailed critique of an engineering project’s capability to fully satisfy the business need and achieve minimum effective designs.
• Achieves consensus on Technology required. Determines equipment (technology) needs. Key Advisor on equipment selection. May function as primary contact with original equipment manufacturers.
• 10+ yrs. expertise level associated with this role is deemed MASTER
• Appropriate years working knowledge of steel processes through work experience in engineering, research or similar technical roles
• Experience in leadership, management and administrative processes
• University degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Metallurgy discipline
• Demonstrated safety leadership
• Experience in managing multi discipline projects and experience in managing small, medium and large projects simultaneously
• Well-developed written and oral communication / negotiation skills.Auto req ID:9607BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Consulting Engineer IIIState/Province:US - PAWork Location - City:West Mifflin Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.