UBS Financial Services Risk Manager in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you a shrewd evaluator of risk? Do you know how to make the right call in challenging situations?
We’re looking for a Risk Manager to:
• carry out risk-oriented checks on high-risk client relationships, client groups, advisors and products
• make sure that risk strategy and policies are communicated, implemented and enforced
• provide transparent risk reporting to management, regulators and other internal units
• identify, evaluate and mitigate risks, proactively formulating holistic solutions
• provide expert advice and feedback on regulatory and compliance issues
• identify opportunities to improve our risk strategy / policies and recommend changes
• partner closely with Compliance to ensure business adherence to all relevant policies and to understand / communicate updates, etc.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be joining a fast-growing team within the Wealth Management business, working in Weehawken, NJ. We are constantly innovating as we drive the creation of a strategic business that touches nearly every area within Wealth Management. You have the opportunity to join us as we build from the ground up, and as a Risk Manager, you'll play an important role in helping deliver this new experience to our Wealth Management clients and the advisors who serve them.
5 – 10 years of experience with general risk management and control frameworks within the financial services industry
• self-starter, willing to take on responsibility (you can micromanage yourself)
• reliable when working independently, with sound judgement for when to escalate issues
• adaptable to changing market conditions, technology and business needs
• bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, finance or a related field
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 185518BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Risk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Business management, administration and support