HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Unit Secretary - NICU in Webster, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aUnit Secretaryto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. * * HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Unit Secretary – NICU
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a531 bedinpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. * *
What you will do in this role:
- Performs secretarial functions consistent with good patient care and in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility.
- Facilitates the overall operation of the nursing unit and is directly involved with care of the hospitalized patient under the direction of the RN/LVN.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, transcribing orders, maintaining par levels of supplies, answering multi-line phones, paging, and transporting of specimens.
- Maintains the permanent medical record.
- Utilizes minimal stimulation when interacting with others. Performs additional tasks/activities as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- 6 months experience as a hospital unit secretary preferred.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Computer skills required with transcribing of orders. Flexible and adaptable to a wide range of tasks. Customer service skills required in working with a variety of staff and physicians.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Unit Secretary - NICU
Location: Texas-Webster-HCA Houston Clear Lake
Requisition ID: 01533-107824