Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Substation Construction in Waterbury, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Provides supervision for electricians engaged in the construction, maintenance, modification and repair of Transmission and Distribution substation equipment, is responsible for Substation condition and reliability in their assigned area and provides input to management regarding Substation assets.Ensures that all required work is performed safely, on schedule, cost effectively and in accordance with company standards.Takes lead in execution of Substation construction projects.
- Supervises crews in construction, modification and maintenance activities for transmission and distribution substations.
- Coordinates, under the direction of a higher level Field Supervisor, construction, modification and maintenance of assigned assets by making arrangements for staffing, materials and equipment with other sections such as Electric Maintenance, Test, CONVEX, SOC, and contractors according to prescribed schedules and methods.
- Directs efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and safety performance and assures compliance with the APM, OSHA and all company procedures.
- Ensures that all activity is performed in a timely, effective, and cost-efficient manner.
- Ensures compliance with environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the reliability and condition of substation assets under his/her jurisdiction.
- Promotes teamwork among and between all members of the Transmission and Distribution organizations in his/her jurisdiction and other internal groups.
- Provides marked up drawings to reflect as-built configuration, and works with engineering to ensure changes are incorporated in substation drawings.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Thorough knowledge of operating procedures, switching and tagging, and the ability to read and understand technical manuals, wiring prints, schematics and diagrams for equipment and substations.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience is required. In addition, a minimum of five (5) years of related experience required. Experience in transmission and distribution work is preferred. Experience in the operation and maintenance of substation facilities is preferred. Supervisory experience is also preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Must hold a valid Connecticut motor vehicle drivers license.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor