Grant Thornton LLP Senior Research Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Act as a primary resource for issue-oriented writing. * Translate science, policy and legislation into consumer-friendly content. * Create clear, concise, professional reports to inform contract deliverables. * Support requests for technical assistance related to TBI in the areas of person-centered/consumer-directed services, information and referral, professional training, screening and resource facilitation. * Work independently and within a team setting. * Work closely with account leadership and client staff on client management, practice development and business development. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in public policy, public health, social work, health communications, strategic communications or a related field.
- A minimum of three years of direct experience supporting federal grants programs, navigating state and federal health insurance systems, working with the independent living movement, and/or developing, implementing and evaluating person-centered/consumer-directed services and supports for individuals with disabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of desktop publishing and design software to create client-ready products.
- Demonstrated understanding of program evaluation, population health research and related topics preferred.
- Experience working with the Department of Health and Human Services or other large public and/or private sector healthcare organizations preferred.
- Proficient use of the suite of Adobe products, especially using Adobe Pro to create accessible documents, a plus.
- Excellent analytical, research, organizational and task management skills.
- Experience in the use of desktop publishing and design software to create client-ready products.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Research Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 041879