SAIC Senior Data Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Agency is interested in IT Modernization efforts and Re-skilling and Workforce Transformation. Re-skill and up-skill employees impacted by IT modernization efforts, evolve workforce to more 21st Century skill sets and work practices, and enable the workforce to drive successful IT Modernization efforts going forward utilizing in-house talent.
The Senior Data Scientist will have extensive knowledge and experience in data mining. Independently performs complex data mining tasks involving the application of advanced data mining principles, practices, and techniques which require extensive knowledge of customer data domains. Analyzes, evaluates, and integrates data mining solutions to complex and diverse problem sets. Practices the application of optimum data mining techniques in accordance with customer specifications, quality standards, schedule, and funding guidelines. Delivers technical presentations to senior management and customers. Serves as primary customer point of contact on data mining projects or programs and advises all stakeholders on advanced data mining and technical matters, research, and applications. May perform as a project/technical lead on data mining projects. Participates in technical scope definition and negotiations. Develops and delivers data mining courses.
Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight. Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering.
• At least six (6) years of experience in Data Mining, predictive analysis, and/or machine learning.
• Experience with visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data.
• Experience developing and evaluating different machine learning models based on accuracy, precision & recall metrics.
• Experience in natural language processing (NLP).
• Experience working with cloud platform like AWS or Azure.
• Experience working with SQL on relational databases like MySQL & Postgres.
• Experience with markup languages like HTML or XML, and desire to learn Tact Dialog Language (TDL) & Tact Response Markup Language (TRML).
• Knowledge of Java, Groovy or any other scripting language.
• Experience with Web Services integration using REST APIs.
• Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
• Ability to analyze, model and interpret data.
• Transform, improve and integrate data, depending on mission requirements.
• Combine the data result sets across multiple sources.
• Critical thinking capabilities - able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
• Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
*Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- SAIC Jobs