Guidehouse Security Architect - Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Guidehouse provides management, technology, and risk consulting to clients around the world through more than 1,600 professionals in over 20 locations. At our core, we focus on building trust in society, solving important problems, and having a seat at the table for our clients’ most pressing matters. Formerly PricewaterhouseCoopers US Public Sector, Guidehouse provides the exceptional quality our clients demand with the agility and innovation to go beyond the expected.
Guidehouse is one of four organizations to receive the 2014 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. The Baldrige Award is the nation’s highest Presidential honor for performance excellence, recognizing U.S. organizations for superior quality and world-class results across six categories defined by Baldrige including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, and Operations Focus. For more information on our journey to performance excellence, view our winner profile on the NIST website.
Professionals at Guidehouse may be subject to a government security investigation and may need to meet related eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Our IT Function Transformation consultants help our clients improve business value through optimizing efficiencies and effectiveness of their IT capabilities. This high performing group plays a critical role in multi-disciplinary business strategy teams. We enable our clients to understand, plan for, and realize strategic business opportunities presented by information technology through a collection of capabilities such as IT organization, IT cost and value, and IT governance.
Minimum Years of Experience: 7 years contributing on or managing enterprise business architecture projects
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and managing teams to understand business strategies, envision and prioritize business capabilities, and design business solutions that involve creating and providing business and technology implementation road maps and technology architecture recommendations, utilizing tools and techniques to develop and implement project phases. This includes proven success in roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise leading and supporting teams that services clients and expertise of these areas:
Business architectures (i.e. Knowledge or Information Architecture, Process Architecture, Organization Architecture, or Products and Services Offering Architecture) and Operations used to support creating client-driven transformation solutions throughout the transformation lifecycle (i.e. Strategy and Analysis; Design; Construction; Implementation; Operations and Support) ;
Enterprise-level business solutions within industries--HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Claims, etc.;
Collaboration with Enterprise Technical Architects to create and maintain strategic roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures ;
Engagement with business executives to define, understand and document business strategy and desired business capabilities, iterating new business capabilities into the future-state business architecture;
Maintenance of business architecture structures from business capability to process to organization, emphasizing profiles of customer events and their relationship to business capabilities;
Guidance provided to Project Architects to develop project level requirements and establish compliance with business architecture, enterprise and functional area strategic roadmaps ;
Establishment of interoperability across functional domains ;
Alignment with internal teams to verify budget and resource commitment to support roadmaps (via architecture dependencies and prioritization
• Minimum Experience: 10 years
• Minimum Clearance: Secret
• Minimum Degree Required: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience leading or supporting projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering and Security Operations
• Experience leading teams
• Experience preparing executive briefings and reports and presentations by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
• Experience giving presentations to senior leaders
• Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
• Able to take initiative, manage own workload, and assume responsibility for tasks
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and innovative thinking
• Positive attitude, willingness to learn and apply, team player
• Experience evaluating business processes to document "as-is" state and then recommending improvements to again efficiencies in a "to-be" architecture
• Leadership role conducting evaluations of the current ‘as-is’ security architecture and leading meetings with key stakeholders across the enterprise to create consensus around the desired end-state, or ‘to-be’ architecture
• Experience evaluating gaps or deficiencies that can be identified as obstacles to achieving the organizations vision
• Experience creating a well-defined roadmap to set a course focused on the organizations IT priorities
• Experience leading the alignment of on-going activities in support of critical Federal mandates such as Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring (CDM), Executive Orders related to cybersecurity, and guidance from OMB and NIST
• Experience reviewing technical requirements and translating concepts to business language
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and respond to change quickly
• Ability to work in a team environment and also produce work products independently
• Experience presenting to clients using multiple platforms (MS PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
• Experience providing high-level design and architecture drawings, technically validating solutions and connecting business, data, security, systems, and other technical and non-technical architectures
• Familiarity with open architecture principles and cyber security architecture principles that achieve cybersecurity framework goals
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree preferred but not required
• Knowledge of NIST Cybersecurity Framework and/or Risk Management Framework
• Understanding of key IT/Cybersecurity concepts (Network Security, Security Operations & Administration, Incident Response & Recovery, Identity and Access Management, Vulnerability Management etc.
• Familiarity with US Department of State
• Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with Cloud Services in the Federal sector (Google Apps, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
Certifications Preferred: CISSP, CISM, CISA, OSCP, AWS Solutions Architect
Guidehouse an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category Client Services
Type Regular Full-Time