Kimpton Hotels Sales Coordinator in Washington, District Of Columbia
Looking for a dynamic Sales Coordinator to join our team at the Kimpton Glover Park and Kimpton Carlyle Hotel Dupont Circle.
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: We are searching for an aggressively energetic individual with a passion for sales and customer service as well as superior organization, computer, and property systems management skills.
Your day-to-day: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Completing contracts and proposals
- Corresponding to clients
- Assist in planning and executing sales trips/calls.
- Other duties may include: entering pertinent information into Delphi (sales system)
- Assist the Sales Manager with researching potential clients, and sending out information to qualified leads.
- Administrative duties; typing, answering telephones, sending correspondence, etc., as required.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- 1 - 2 years of experience in hospitality sales or service.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven ability for self leadership and work well within a team
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up
- Must possess excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Needs to possess nimbleness by changing with the needs of the hotels and the Kimpton Group
- Must emulate the Kimpton Culture
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).