Grant Thornton LLP National Audit Practice – Audit Automation Developer – Senior Associate in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
National Audit Practice – Audit Automation Developer – Senior Associate
Grant Thornton seeks an ambitious self-starter to join our Audit Innovation and Strategy Group as an Audit Automation Developer. Grant Thornton's Audit Practice is implementing advanced analytics and automated approaches to advance quality and drive efficiencies in conducting audits of financial statements. The Developer will have access to Azure cloud networks, Automation Anywhere environments, Alteryx, etc. Beyond the ability to learn third-party robotic process automation software, the developer is expected to be able to have the ability to independently develop automated data manipulation and transformation scripts.
/ / ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Translate business requirements for automation into an actionable development plan; liaise with the innovation center on larger innovations
· Develop selected automation applications for the audit practice
· Manage the maintenance and enhancements of a variety of developed applications
· Collaborate with team members to arrive arealistic expectations of cost-benefit tradeoffsin automation Identify process improvement opportunities using technology solutions to increase overall process efficiency
· Program custom system interfaces and implement processes to scale solutions to the audit practice
· Coordinate with the Bangalore office on various automation development opportunities
· Develops tools to advance quality and efficiency of common tasks within the audit service line.
· Works with auditors to understand challenges in working with data, discuss emerging opportunities, and provide insight into possible technology-related solutions.
· Works collaboratively with auditors and other technical experts in the development of automations and other integrated solutions.
· Participates in the design and documentation of the business process redesign that accompanies automation.
· Assists with the development of training, communications, and other needs within the tool development life cycle.
· Maintains a good working relationship with teammates and works effectively with staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
· Other duties as assigned
· 2-6 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level
· 2-4 years of experience with VBA or other foundational programming language (C#, Java, Python, etc.)
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting required with additional degrees in Information Technology preferred
· CPA License Preferred
· Knowledge of web services and implementation of applications over internal networks
· Experience building and querying SQL Server databases
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to define technical specifications based on audit team meetings on innovation requirements
· Travel percentage: around 10-15% to client sites and other Grant Thornton, LLP offices
BENEFITS: Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: National Audit Practice – Audit Automation Developer – Senior Associate
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 042301