Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Director of Sales & Marketing - Kimpton Rouge Hotel & Kimpton Topaz Hotel in Washington, District Of Columbia
Director of Sales & Marketing -- Kimpton Rouge Hotel & Kimpton Topaz Hotel
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
Your day-to-day: We are seeking a talented, results driven sales professional to join our team. Responsibilities include:
Weekly forecasts and attendance at weekly yield meetings
Hold weekly sales meetings with the team
Hold 1 on 1's with the team
Develop and execute strategies to achieve and exceed monthly budget
Oversight of Group, Transient, CS, and Catering Departments
Oversight of all marketing strategies
Specific experience we're seeking: OBTAIN ACCOUNTS VIA:
- Prospecting, analyzing and telemarketing new clients
- Work with key contacts to ensure that Kimpton Hotels has appropriate time/representation with decision makers while they are in assigned city on site inspections.
- Attend appropriate organizational meetings as representative for the Hotels.
- Willing to travel to key markets to meet with existing and potential customers with upcoming groups/meetings into assigned city.
- Attend appropriate tradeshows as sales representative for assigned city.
- Practices total account management by harvesting Group and Meetings business from all qualified accounts.
- Requesting referrals/leads from accounts.
- Conducting local outside sales calls and site inspections of assigned Kimpton Hotels with potential/established accounts.
- Attending national tradeshows for networking and exposure purposes.
- Organizing and conducting qualified FAM Trips.
- Answering/facilitating all incoming leads.
- Regularly communicating with the field regarding leads, trends, rates and "need" dates.
- Maintaining accurate and thorough notes/traces in Delphi and preferred account files.
- Following-up with phone calls to thank clients for the business and to re-book for future years.
- Maintain focus on future booking pace from assigned accounts.
MAINTAIN ACCOUNTS VIA:
- Entertaining, sales calls and regular phone calls with established/potential accounts.
- Re-negotiating future year contracts with emphasis on maximizing rates, revenue and meeting space.
- Promptly answering client inquiries and requests on behalf of Kimpton Hotels.
- Quickly and effectively resolving employee and client issues.
- Consistently uncovering new needs of our accounts to ensure we are changing with our customers.
- Refer sister hotels in other Kimpton cities where the account may be conducting future business.
- Consistently asking for more contacts/business opportunities for Kimpton Hotels.
- Gather monthly activities and production of assigned account base to present to the General Managers and Regional Director of Sales.
- Stay abreast of trends in assigned market(s) and communicate to General Managers and Regional Director of Sales in assigned city.
MISCELLANEOUS JOB DUTIES:
- Manage time professionally and responsibly.
- Monitor industry trends in assigned segments.
- Probe current accounts for referral business.
- Answer faxes, memos, field requests and inquiries.
- Visit competitive hotels for analysis.
- Work with Regional DOSM and VP, Sales on special projects.
- Provide Regional DOSM and Director of Operations with weekly schedule, monthly production reports, action plans, sales trip reports, etc.
- Attend monthly Director of Sales Meetings in assigned city.
- Attend/contribute to meetings as assigned by Regional DOSM, Director of Operations and the VP, Sales.
- Assist watch hotels.
- Work with individual/regional DOSM and other City Sales Managers to maintain strong communication and calibrated sales efforts from a city and national perspective.
- Be knowledgeable, support and communicate home office programs and initiatives.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- A minimum of (8) year's hotel sales experience.
- Must emulate the Kimpton Culture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Individual must be highly organized with the ability to sell a multi-faceted product mix.
- Past experience as a Director of Sales and National Sales Rep. required.
- Thorough knowledge of the various Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants in assigned city.
- Knowledge of the selling process.
- Knowledge of the negotiation process.
- Knowledge of designated markets of focus.
- Ability to change with the needs of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi Systems.
- Ability to train and manage sales support position(s).
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Jobs