ManTech Cyber Security Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
• The Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for developing technical responses designed to counter adversary network activity.
• Analyze threat actor tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) and assist in developing solutions for detecting, responding to, and exploiting cyber threats.
• Responsible for performing the analysis of threat information from multiple sources, compiling, integrating, and/or interpreting all-source data for intelligence or vulnerability value with respect to specific targets. \
• Identify and assess the capabilities and activities of threat actors.
• Research open source and classified threat intelligence to detect, respond, and defeat advanced persistent threats (APTs).
• Perform forensic analysis of digital information and identify computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators.
• Conduct advanced threat hunt operations using known adversary TTPs as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise.
• Provide collection of cybersecurity information, assist in the identification of threat intelligence collection shortfalls, and make recommendations for improvements.
• Perform malware analysis (static and/or dynamic).
• Identify, conduct analysis, and develop technical and non-technical controls to mitigate social media exploitation.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science/engineering or related field. And IAT II Compliance.
• Minimum of five (5) years of IT/network experience, five (5) years of information security experience, and five (5) years of information security operations experience
• Expert knowledge of related industry specifications and standards NIST, CSRIC, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DNS, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols.
• Expert knowledge in network security design, network security architecture, network topology, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
• Expert knowledge of best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
- ManTech Jobs