KPMG Campus Washington National Tax M&A Tax Senior Associate ( Washington_DC) in Washington, District Of Columbia
Campus Washington National Tax M&A Tax Senior Associate
Job # 18665BR
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
Visit our KPMG Careers site to learn more about our specific opportunities.
KPMG is Currently Seeking a Tax Senior Associate for Washington National M&A.
• Provide tax planning to a full range of corporate clients, including major multinational clients, and work closely with other KPMG, LLP offices to provide those services to their clients
• Oversee various team members and client deliverables
• Work with and assist other team members with various technical tax issues dealing with Consolidated returns, S Corps, Partnerships, LLC’s and LLP’s
• Work with other practice groups in Washington National Tax
• Identify and analyze tax risks and opportunities related to potential acquisitions of target companies
• Liaise with a target company's finance/accounting departments and tax advisors to gather pertinent facts for an analysis of the tax risks
• Research and analyze complex corporate tax issues
• Draft tax memoranda and tax opinions
• Draft articles and review other risk management activities
• Provide tax planning advice to clients in conjunction with their acquisition of domestic and global companies
• Assist in the review of the tax aspects of sophisticated financial models used to analyze the future performance of potential target companies
• Provide advice to clients on complex tax structuring issues
• Communicate and present research both verbally and in writing
• Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services including planning, research, and other mergers and acquisitions activities
• Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
• Assist clients with current issues which may include bankruptcy emergence planning, out of court workouts, debt restructurings, or tax basis, Earning and Profits and Section 382 studies
• JD and /or LLM degree from an accredited college/university
• Knowledge of a broad range of corporate and partnership tax matters, with a marked focus on mergers and acquisitions
• Excellent advisory and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal communications skills, with the ability to articulate complex information
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
• Targeted graduation dates from December 2018 through Summer 2019
To apply, go to http://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25285&siteid=5357&AReq=18665BR to complete our full application process to be considered for a position at KPMG. Please note you are able to apply to only one position.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
©2019 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and the U.S. member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
Description: KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International. KPMG International’s member firms have 137,000 professionals, including more than 7,600 partners, in 144 countries. KPMG delivers a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary services based on deep industry knowledge. Our industry focus helps KPMG professionals develop a rich understanding of clients' businesses and the insight, skills, and resources required to address industry-specific issues and opportunities.
Instructions: Submit Online Application To: http://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25285&siteid=5357&AReq=18665BR
Job Ref Code: 18665BR
- KPMG Jobs