PNC Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Analyst Sr in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100163 Quant Anl/Md Analyst Sr
Independently performs advanced quantitative analyses and model development to drive decision-making by running quantitative strategies. Makes recommendations based on analyses.
Analyzes and develops new model frameworks by supporting the line of business. Refines, monitors, and reviews existing models. Conducts on-going communication with model owners and model developers during the course of the review. Works with larger, more complex datasets to create models.
Performs quantitative analysis and develops complex reports. Performs qualitative and quantitative assessments of all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as data quality and integrity. Analyzes complex data and associated quantitative analysis. Makes recommendations based on findings from data analytics.
Uses quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze model risks and reaches conclusions on strengths and limitations of the model.
Prepares and analyzes detailed documents for validation and regulatory compliance, using applicable templates.
PA - Pittsburgh
Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Analyst Sr
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DC - Washington DC, DE - Wilmington, NY - New York, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Predictive Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Consulting - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
TESTING - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and manage testing strategies, policies and practices that assure the delivery of high quality applications.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Quantitative Techniques - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
Bank Quantitative Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use numerical methods to develop statistical models for devising trading strategies.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., is a diversified financial services company which operates four primary segments: Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking, Asset Management Group, and BlackRock. The Company offers a wide range of products and services, including commercial & industrial and commercial real estate loans, residential real estate loans, credit cards, and a full suite of treasury management and capital markets solutions. At PNC, our people are the greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in serving the needs of our customers and communities. This position will be located in PNC's downtown, Pittsburgh, PA, Tyson's Corner, VA, Willington, DE, NYC, NY or Cleveland, Ohio.
As a member of the Retail Model Development Team you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the regulatory models (CECL/CCAR/BASEL) that support our retail businesses. This will involve working with big data sets to develop loan level PD/ EAD / LGD models to forecast losses. You will work closely with our business partners, independent risk management, portfolio managers, line of business and audit and will frequently present your work to senior executives and regulators.
Develop, maintain and enhance retail models for use in a variety of critical applications
Enhance and maintain model development documentation
Work closely with model owners, line of business and risk managers to improve models and analytics
Collaborate with model risk management teams on validations and resolving model issues
Produce ad-hoc analysis in support of model development or other business needs that require employing statistical methodologies and/or data processing skills
Create presentations on model methodologies and outcomes to senior management and governance committees
Collect data from various sources, perform analysis and interpret results to assist in making impactful business decisions
Assist in the implementation of new or modified models into the production environment
Regularly review the performance monitoring of assigned models and methodologies
Experience developing Probability of Default (PD), Loss given Default (LGD) and Exposure at Default (EAD) models
At least 3 years of working experience in a financial services company in the area of Credit Risk (preferred)
Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics etc.
Advanced knowledge of Statistical Methods for model building, Machine Learning, Credit Migration Matrices.
Good understanding of Financial Statements preferred
Excellent programming knowledge in SAS/Python or R
Experience in programming in a Unix environment
Excellent data manipulation skills with ability to source data from Oracle/SQL/Hadoop
Ability to solve problems while working under pressure, and undertake, execute and deliver on-time multiple simultaneous projects under tight deadlines
A team player with the ability to develop relationships with non-quantitative partners and stakeholders
Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- PNC Jobs