Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Data Analyst in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
DATA ANALYST (NHTSA-19-1435-F):
Bowhead is seeking Data Analysts to join our team in Washington DC in providing technical support to the National Center for Statistics and Analysis for issues related to motor vehicle crashes. Our contract supports the Department of Transportation (DoT) National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Data Analyst will analyze motor vehicle crash data and reporting retrieved from computerized databases, data analysis and technical documentation.
Essential functions will include:
• Providing SAS programmatic expertise and support in analyzing motor vehicle traffic crash data and reporting trends, in response to a large volume of data requests from within and outside of NHTSA.
• Writing and updating SAS code to generate data for fatality and injury rates based on exposure data for preparing technical reports, research notes and traffic safety facts sheets.
• Developing computer algorithms to identify patterns in large datasets.
• Properly applying various database management methods.
• Developing new and improved techniques for data query and data mining.
• Performing updates on annual statistical publications.
• Statistical data processing.
• Will use several SAS modules, including SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Macros on a daily basis.
• Web delivery of analysis and reporting.
• Developing Visual Analytics and Business Intelligence Dashboards.
About this Contract providing Engineering, Statistical, and Technical Support Services (ESTS): This work provides support to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Bowhead delivers to DOT NHTSA critical
safety data and analysis for distribution to the public. Other areas of support include: Vehicle Crash Evaluation and Engineering Research Support, Web Page Design and Development, and Database Analytics and Database Research Support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Data Analysis, Data Science or Statistics is preferred however a Bachelor’s degree in the related field and at least 12 semester hours of Statistics and/or Data Science is required
• Must have a minimum of one year experience working with complex projects involving large databases
• Must have demonstrable past experience with data analysis of large databases, business intelligence and visual analytics
• Qualified candidates must have excellent technical writing and communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level. A minimum of three (3) years US residency, or US Citizenship, is required for a Public Trust clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41