RELX Group Intern - Cirium - Hong Kong in Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Intern - Cirium - Hong Kong
Location: Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Summer 2019 Internship Opportunities with Ascend by Cirium
Ascend by Cirium is seeking an enthusiastic junior or graduate intern to join our team during Summer 2019. This is an exciting opportunity that will enable you to gain real-life work experience and prove yourself to future employers.
We currently have at least three internship opportunities with our Valuations & Consultancy department, in our London Heathrow, New York and Hong Kong offices. You will work as part of the Ascend by Cirium team of over 25, based globally. Ascend has been delivering aviation data and appraisals for over 50-years. Our appraisals are used globally to value in excess of 100,000 aviation assets annually. Cirium is the new name for FlightGlobal.
Job title: Aircraft Research Intern
Location: London (Heathrow) / New York (City) / Hong Kong
Support the Ascend by Cirium valuations and market studies teams with ad-hoc pieces of research, including collecting, analysing and presenting data in a clear format.
Help with the collection of aircraft transaction data
- Reviewing aircraft specification modifiers; providing input to key drivers of aircraft value, including ‘clean-up’ of aircraft weights and engine modifiers
For aircraft types which have not had recent values changes, perform a review and propose if revised values are required.
Carry out research and some routine maintenance of the Ascend by Cirium Values internal aircraft transactions database
Ensure all figures are recorded in the correct format and suitable for processing and analysis
- Fill in any blanks and missing information by identifying individual aircraft using our Fleets database
- Browse through public data (e.g. Form 41 / 10k / 10Q) and airline financial reports for any additional aircraft sales / lease points to record
- Review data points and produce charts with value trends to be used by valuations team, under analyst guidance
- Produce statistics on the number of data points captured against actual transactions that occurred
- Identify (from internal sale database) transactions that have taken place and pursue final price if possible.
Support and update the Ascend by Cirium aircraft maintenance cost database
Research maintenance costs that Ascend already has on file and contact MROs to find out more where no data available
- Ensure maintenance costs for all aircraft are up to date by reviewing internal databases and bringing proposals to the Value Review Board
If applicable, make the database more user friendly and easier to search through (maintenance adjustment templates)
Support internal projects such as:
Reviewing, organising, sanitising and analysing data sets
- Development of databases
- Methodology review, analysis and implementation
- Creating/updating relevant documents
Work with Ascend by Cirium historical values and lease rate database to research potential methods of statistically estimating future aircraft values and lease rates
Provide assistance with market update presentations for conferences and webinars.
All tasks will be carried out with experienced analyst supervision, training, and guidance. The ideal candidate must have a numerate background (engineering, mathematics, statistics, and accounting are a plus), good communications skills, and a keen interest in; and knowledge of aviation, proficient in Microsoft Excel, attention to detail and the ability to process large volumes of data. Strong work ethic, fluency in English with other languages advantageous.
This is a paid internship that includes a grant from the ISTAT Foundation.
At minimum should be University / College graduate – also considering internships on placement year in industry.
Duration of internship: Flexible but minimum two months but ideally three months necessary to be benefit to both the Intern and Ascend by Cirium.
Starting date of internship: from end of May 2019, with flexibility.
Please ensure you apply for the correct position location. If applying for more than one, submit multiple applications.
- RELX Group Jobs