AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Business Transformation Analyst, Principal in Walnut Creek, United States
BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION ANALYST, PRINCIPAL
AAA…we're one of the largest Membership organizations in the country, but we’re so much more than our legendary roadside service. We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members. We're community minded, and celebrate the growth, development and successes of our diverse Team Members. Whether you’re just starting your journey or looking to grow your career, we’ll support you every step of the way.
Our Business Transformation Analyst will support the overall business strategy and corporate objectives by performing analysis to support the identification of business needs and determine solutions to business problems. This advanced level analyst holds an in-depth knowledge in multiple areas of the business and can act in a consultative capacity. May lead large analytic projects and is often assigned to longer term projects which guide business decisions and changes. Provides guidance, mentorship and training to develop new or lower-level associates, with accountability for team success.
• Performs complex analysis of data and the relationship to operational and financial objectives of the organization.
• Collaborates with other business areas to investigate issues, makes recommendations and develops action plans to contribute to company objectives, principles and to achieve goals.
• Develops metrics and reports using research and tools provided by company.
• Identifies gaps in tools and data, and works collaboratively to resolve.
• Participates as subject matter expert in projects related to analytics data structures and applications. Makes decisions on methods and techniques.
• Interprets results of analysis, prepares and presents outcomes to senior leadership.
• Reviews reporting and analytic methodologies and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Proactively analyzes data and delivers insights to business customers to deepen their understanding of key issues.
• Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves data issues, working with accounting and other areas as needed.
• Reviews work of peers to ensure high quality and effectiveness.
• Coaches staff on standard analytic approach and actions to take based on findings.
• May act as team lead and/or coordinate the activities of others.
• Advanced research, analytical, and data processing skills
• Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct data analyses relevant to complex business issues
• Demonstrated ability to make effective formal presentations
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Advanced business writing skills
• Project management experience
• Strong knowledge of AAA business concepts
• Strong knowledge of database structures including relational database concepts
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including charts/graphs, pivot tables, look-ups, and complex nested formulas
• Proficiency in MS-PowerPoint
• Proficiency with structured analysis and design techniques
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management to present findings relevant to audience
• Ability to train staff on reporting logic and tools
• Ability to coach and mentor co-workers and give feedback as required by using effective interpersonal skills
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
• Bachelor's degree in related area, advanced degree preferred
• 7+ years of analytical experience in related industry
• Mentoring and leadership experience (preferred)
• Technical or business certifications relevant to role (preferred)
We’ll value your skills and experience. We’re building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow’s leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.
Innovation. It’s what motivates and drives our 4,200 Team Members as the key to enhance Member value, employee satisfaction, and our future success. We have a 117-year history of service, creating Members for life. We generate $4 Billion in annual sales and serve nearly 6 million Members across 7 states. A3 is our Innovation Lab, where we have launched GIG Car Share, GoMentum Station, AAA CarConnect, AAA House Manager, and the first Autonomous Shuttle. If innovation and purpose are what you’re looking for, journey forward with us.