Hall Equities Group Controller - Hospitality in Walnut Creek, California
ZMC Hotels is a member of a group of affiliated companies owned by Walnut Creek based entrepreneur, Mark Hall. ZMC Hotels operates a high-growth portfolio of forty hotels across the United States. Hall Equities Group is a privately held commercial real estate investment, development, and property management firm located in easily accessible offices in downtown Walnut Creek, California. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We have an immediate opening for a Hospitality Controller within the ZMC Hotels Corporate Team, located in Walnut Creek, California.
• Manage all financial reporting and transaction processing functions for portfolio covering 40 hotel properties and 1,200 employees • Supervise staff comprised of General Ledger Accountants, Financial Analysts, and Accounts Payable Technicians
• Report to enterprise Chief Financial Officer, with heavy support to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, and regular collaboration with Hotel General Managers
EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum five years in leadership accounting position for Hospitality accounting enterprise
• General Ledger reporting systems (M3 preferred), MS Excel, and associated IT applications
• Management of Accounts Payable staff performing payment processing functions
• Consolidation accounting and Intercompany eliminations
• Partnership (LLC) tax reporting
• Franchise accounting
• Budgets and forecasting
• Cash management
• Ability to travel domestically
• Superior planning and multi-tasking capabilities
• Advanced communication and analytical skills
• CPA (or equivalent technical credential) preferred
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, paid time off, 401(k), bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
About Hall Equities Group
Our overall business enterprise consists of several different companies. Our legacy commercial real estate platform, Hall Equities Group, oversees a diversified portfolio of both principal and client-owned real estate properties, totaling 2 million sq. ft. of income property including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, Storage, and Industrial markets. These assets are located in nine states. A further sister company, COPA Innovation Laboratories, is involved in Sports Technology, Franchise Business Opportunities in the sports performance space, and the ownership and operation of Sports Malls, and sports training centers. In addition to these businesses, we also are affiliated with Hall Sports Ventures, which owns two professional sports franchises (soccer), and is involved in mixed use stadium venue developments. Lastly, our latest affiliated venture is Enterprise Restaurant Group, which has been formed to provide quality food and beverage services to the hotels, stadiums, sports malls, and mixed use commercial real estate projects of our sister companies.