Marriott Vacations Worldwide Sales Front Desk Specialist in Waikoloa, Hawaii
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Meet and greet guests as they arrive for scheduled sales presentations or stop by the sales gallery for general information . Ensures that all guests are comfortable and offers refreshments to guests as they wait for sales presentations. Assign guests to proper Sales Executive and track and update reports regarding line rotation. Award premiums (gifts) to guests upon completion of sales presentation and track premium delivery in computer system. Ensure that the common areas in the gallery are neat, clean and stocked with various hospitality items.
Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats; move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marketing and Sales
- Enter and update data regarding sales presentations, site packages, and self-generated leads into computer software system.
- Research, compile, retain, and/or communicate pertinent sales information/history to Sales Executives and/or Managers on a daily/weekly basis.
- Review the details and scheduling of sales presentations or preview package to guests who do not have a sales presentation scheduled.
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Create, log and expedite premiums (gifts) for site marketing programs.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
- Set up, replenish and break down all hospitality items throughout the sales gallery in all locations.
- Ensure that the kitchen preparation room is in order.
- Ensure all common areas are neat and in order.
- Oversee and ensure the safety of any children accompanying sales presentation guests in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Work in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Management and Associates to ensure an efficient tour wave flow throughout the day.
- Communicate to all marketing department associates tour wave availability.
- Update tour manifest throughout the day.
- Complete all Daily Checklists and report and turn into management at the end of shift.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Rewards and Gifts
- Document the distribution of premiums (gifts) in computer software systems.
- Distribute gifts to guests upon completion of sales presentation.
- Maintain, update and balance premium gifting banks on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update Preferred Merchant List.
- Use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information
- Enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse or trackball.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Attend meetings as required by Supervisors. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience
- Six months of related work experience
- No supervisory experience is required
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled