Medical Center Hospital Unit Clerk in United States
Under the supervision of the Unit Director or designee, assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing unit by performing clerical, receptionist, coordination duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
High School graduate or equivalent. BLS Certification.
B. Training and Experience:
Successful completion of general and nursing orientation within 3 months of hire.
Completion of the following competencies within 3 months of hire or transfer:
· Unit orientation
· Unit safety
· Attendance requirements
· Effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills
· Age specific care
· Computer Training
· Accurate documentation, transcription, order entry
· Maintain medical record/chart
· Order departmental supplies
· Communication skills: intra/inter department
· Transfer and discharge patients
· Participation in Code Blue
· Restraint Training