Bruno Independent Living Aids Team Leader - Electrical Assembly in United States
Responsible to plan and schedule assembly operations for the applicable departments to meet production goals and key metrics. Schedules work, assists with employee selection, reviews employee performance, administers work rules, maintains department inventory systems and maintains consistency of processes through standard work instructions. Provides leadership and mentoring to team members, including communicating team goals and supporting company policies.
- Develop and recommend direct labor and equipment plans to support operational metrics and sales goals
- Schedule department workflow and work improvements to maintain production quality, cost, safety and output requirements
- Monitor employee performance to ensure quality and quantity metrics are met (labor standards, first pass yield, scrap, on time delivery, non-conforming products and others)
- Communicate machine down-time, scheduling or inventory constraints, quality concerns and shipment delays along with a recovery plan as applicable
- Promote Lean Manufacturing with emphasis on continuous improvement; review current processes to eliminate waste, analyze production performance, resulting in efficiency gains and cost reductions, while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Collect and analyze data to support daily production metrics
- Facilitate inventory counts as needed; coordinate inventory, tools and supplies and order from internal departments, as well as outside suppliers
- Utilize problem-solving techniques, team-building strategies and project management
- Propose capital acquisitions
- Hire, train, guide and monitor personnel to meet department goals
- Train and mentor Team Captains
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment through the use of 5S methodology
- Open/close production facility as scheduled
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in business or related field and 2 years’ experience supervising personnel is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field is strongly preferred. Experience in an assembly / manufacturing environment, with an emphasis in knowledge of high mix, lower volume, manual assembly, production scheduling and Lean Manufacturing principles is a plus.
Electrical experience; experience with crimping, soldering, wire harness and ESD processes is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of information, such as technical procedures, business correspondence, and governmental regulations furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Create business-level written correspondence and verbally present information to internal and external customers.
- Requires job related software skills, MS Office and the ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Modern production facility with heat and air conditioning
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to stand, sit, walk; use hands and fingers, talk and hear
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds regularly
- Ability to lift over 30 pounds occasionally
Req No.: 2019-1774
Type: Regular Full-Time - RFT