Baystate Health Staff Assistant - ACE Program (Acute Care for Elders) in United States
*Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Staff Assistant for ACE (Acute Care for Elders)- This is a grant funded position *
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Staff Assistant you will be expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
Provides extensive administrative support (60% or more of the time) and some secretarial support to manager and/or department. You will complete a variety of complex analyses, reports, and databases. Requires advanced use of personal computer. Create complex spreadsheets and other documents, represents the department in resolving problems and exchange of information, interpretation of departmental policy and procedures.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls for department and responds to general inquiries or routes to appropriate personnel.
- Interacts with a wide variety of hospital executives, medical staff and/or outsiders in a professional and efficient manner, obtains or relays information, arranges meetings, gathers data, etc.
- Receives and screens incoming correspondence, reports, memos, etc., and prepares appropriate responses to routine inquiries.
- Schedules meetings, conferences, interviews, and appointments, completes travel arrangements and maintains Supervisor’s business calendar.
- Develops, maintains, and revises record-keeping and filing systems, and classifies sorts and files correspondence, articles, records and other documents.
- Assists in monitoring department budgets and accounts for assigned cost centers. Initiates and prepares expenditures for office supplies, standard department inventory, travel, etc., and accepts receipts and invoices for non-routine expenditures.
- May supervise clerical support staff and participate in hiring of subordinates as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate Degree is preferred
- 2 years office or practice experience
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other medical systems
What You Need To Know:
- This is a grant funded position. 6 months of funding avaialble from date of hire.
- Hours: Monday through Friday. 8:00AM- 4:30PM or 8:30AM-5:00PM (will rotate)
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 82957
Location: Baystate Medical Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time