Altra Industrial Motion Quality Engineer in United States
The Quality Engineer plans and directs all activities related to the Quality Management System for their area of responsibility known as a Value Stream Team (VST). These duties and activities include, but are not limited to, development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials, and products. This position is an excellent developmental position for candidates aspiring to advance to a role of greater responsibility within Jacobs Vehicle Systems (JVS) and within Operations Engineering. JVS is part of Altra (AIMC).
- **Works with Manufacturing Engineering to develop standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. This includes working with VST and CWQM to action Gage Rejection reports and ensure we have the inspection tools needed to make a good quality product.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering and Supervision to devise sampling procedures and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data and communicates and trains processes to the team.
- Responsible for preparing, coordinating and communicating Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages for submission to the customer (OEM) for approval.
- Record, react to, and disposition non-conforming material generated by the various internal processes (i.e. MRB, customer issues, supplier issues). Make improvement to overall defect rate for these processes.
- Initiate, complete and communicate Corrective Action reports (8D’s) for customer complaints (defects) and monitor and improve external defect rate.
- Responsible for keeping the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process documentation current and continuously improving.
- Support the Advanced Product Development (APD) process.
- Perform Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Process Capability studies and report data with action plans.
- Perform internal audits as required.
- Participate in Daily Management and prepare reports and corrective actions for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in advance of monthly review. This also includes actions like presenting quality data to the hourly teams to inform them of issues, process changes and overall status of Quality related items.
- Lead customer audits and address findings as required from the customer audits.
- Serves as the primary customer contact for all quality related activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and adhering to IATF 16949 requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing data, identifying biggest opportunities, working with VST to develop action plan/ kaizen to improve the processes and achieving sustainable results.
- Responsible for collaborating with Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) to ensure the daily quality tasks are completed. This may involve training and coaching.
- Interacts with Supplier Quality Engineers, Quality Managers, Director of Quality and Reliability.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Internship/co-op experience required and/or relevant work experience in an Operations Engineering or Quality Engineering role.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or Six Sigma training desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and use of Kaizen and Six Sigma concepts, and ability to use these in a continuous improvement environment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering prints.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence and the ability to speak effectively in front of the customer or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE) and six sigma problem solving methods.
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Automotive Engineering Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 1/14/2019