Great Lakes Cheese Procurement Intern in United States
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?
Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50 years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has grown rapidly by acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the best technologies for production and distribution – and by setting high industry standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves the nation’s retailers and food service operations with nine strategic facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition of award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.
To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently high quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the communities, and the company benefit.
Benefits of working at GLC:
Great Lakes Cheese’s success hinges on the dedication and professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization. Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance Program and tuition reimbursement.
Great Lakes Cheese is seeking a Procurement Intern from May 2019 – August 2019at our corporate headquarters in Hiram, OH. At GLC, you have the opportunity to grow, optimize your performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the organization. While working independently or in a team environment, you develop leadership and critical thinking skills to help build a foundation for your career. Internships at GLC allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. At GLC, we place great value on our interns. Our positions are structured to maximize your internship experience. This position is a paid internship.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Current college student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Year in school: Junior, Senior, or recent graduate.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Experience working with or in a structured process.
- Good communication, presentation, and team skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, able to work well independently.
- Strong attention to detail, data analysis, and reporting skills.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.