Mattel Part-Time Doll Hair Stylist/Experience Associate (up to 20 hours) in United States
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow, with play experiences that capture kids’ hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5B, a workforce in 40 countries, and products sold in over 150 nations, Mattel is a Fortune 500, multinational design, marketing and manufacturing powerhouse.
American Girl (Mall of America) is looking for a dynamic individual as a* Part-Time Doll Hair Stylist/Experience Associate*(up to 20 hours), who has the manual and interpersonal skills to deliver friendly and informative service, as well as, the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
- Approach, acknowledge and assist customers promptly.
- Assess and meet customer merchandise and service needs, including special requests and resolving customer problems. Share product knowledge, answer questions and suggestive upsell other Doll Hair Salon services and complementary products. Share information on store events, promotions and activities with customers.
- Style doll hair according to company standards and demonstrate proper hair care and skin care techniques.
- Conduct inventory of salon supplies and stock salon area and communicate replenishment needs when needed.
- Participate in Doll Hair Salon events including Doll Hair Salon Spectaculars, hair demos, and private birthday parties.
- Collaborates with co-workers to create a positive work environment and assists in training new associates.
Experience, Education & Skills
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Sales experience in the specialty retail or service industry, preferred.
- Experience styling hair, especially for dolls, preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
ABOUT AMERICAN GIRL American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl’s spirit and help develop her strength of character. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and American Girl’s classic historical characters. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, in its proprietary U.S. experiential retail stores, as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators. Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Posting Title: Part-Time Doll Hair Stylist/Experience Associate (up to 20 hours)
Requisition Number: 182009
Location: AG Minneapolis Store
Zip Code: 55425
Job Category: Retail Sales/Merchandising