Carlton Senior Living Medication Technician - Part-Time in United States
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of medications to residents according to the written orders and instructions provided by physicians. This position also involves following all medication practices per Medication Training, Company Policy, and Title 22 Regulations
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
- Pour and assist residents with medications according to Physician orders, medication training, and Company policies and procedures.
- Follow “Medication Training” policies and procedures regarding infection control, standard precautions, biohazard waste, and sharps management, and disposal.
- Fax new orders to pharmacy following Company policies and procedures.
- Communicate to Physician, Pharmacist, family and DRS and/or Nurse if resident misses any scheduled doses of medication.
- Document immediately when medication is given to resident.
- Re-order medications following the Company policies and procedures.
- Observe and immediately report any changes in resident condition following the “Medication Training” policies and procedures.
- Document immediately when a resident receives a PRN medication.
- Keep medication room and cart clean and orderly at all times.
- Complete all documentation on a new resident for the medication program in a timely manner.
- Log in all medication deliveries on the resident’s Centrally Stored sheet.
- Ensure accuracy of Medication Assistance Record (MAR) at all times, and report concerns to Manager.
- Keep medication room, cart, cupboards, and records locked when not in use.
- Destroy medications following the community’s policies and procedures.
- Count the narcotics following the community’s policies and procedures.
- File appropriate paperwork in resident’s charts.
- Assist PC Manager with investigation on any concerns from resident or family regarding medications.
- Verify the resident’s medications prior to dispensation with the resident’s physician and every six months thereafter in order to provide the best service and make sure the resident is taking the proper dosages and the proper medication.
- Ensure residents do not run out of medications at any time.
- Record any medication changes per doctor’s orders in all the proper documents as specified in Medication Procedures and Company Policies.
- Follow all universal and safety precautions.
- Understand and follow all emergency protocols and respond to emergencies as directed and per Community training.
Treat residents with dignity and respect. Provide privacy during personal care Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, futureresidents.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Certificates, License, Registration
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)