Special Metals Corporation INTERNAL ONLY: Visual Dimension Inspector - Days in United States
INTERNAL ONLY: Visual Dimension Inspector - Days
US - UT - Ogden
Primary Function: To visually and dimensionally inspect parts to assure compliance to customer specifications and to assure that only necessary reworking of parts is performed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Identify surface defects in parts by:
Reviewing tech cards, techniques, and routers.
Utilize fixtures as necessary
Visually inspects parts at multiple points in the process for defects.
Uses a variety of hand tools to assist in visual inspection.
Assure dimensional integrity by:
Inspecting castings for conformance to blueprint, technique, and tech card specifications using templates, micrometers, height gauges, calipers, fixtures, and other dimensional measuring devices.
Marking castings to identify areas needing rework in order to meet dimensional specifications.
Working regularly with other departments
Works with engineering to establish and evaluate inspection techniques and identify and resolve problems of non-conformance to specifications.
Enters weld mapping and dimensional data into computer systems for use by engineering and SPC charting.
Prepares reports and information on quality issues as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Ability to complete the GSC Visual Dimension certification requirements.
· Able to read and comprehend English.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole and decimal numbers up to 4 decimal places.
· Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unaided regularly.
· Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
· Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
(Techniques, routers, weld maps, log sheets.)
· Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Near vision requirements are Jaeger J1 in one eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger J2
in one eye, at no less than 16 inches.
· Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance
· Able to meet individual productivity requirements and work in a production environment
· Able to meet internal quality requirements.
· High school diploma or GED
Normal Working Conditions
· Works under general direction and infrequent supervision, planning details of procedure and
methods to attain definite objectives. Makes decision within broad limitations of policies and within
· Environmental conditions encountered continuously include working near moving mechanical parts,
fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
· Typical noise environment for the work environment of this job is Loud Noise. (Appropriate ear
protection is required.)
· Continuous required physical demands include using hands to handle or feel.
· Frequent required physical demands include sitting, walking, reaching below shoulder level, and
pushing or pulling.
· Occasional required physical demands include sitting, standing, reaching above shoulder level,
balancing, stooping or squatting, talking and hearing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.