Safe-Guard Products International, LLC Instructional Designer in United States
Founded in 1992 and based in Atlanta, Safe-Guard Products is driven by the steadfast commitment to provide unparalleled service and the highest quality vehicle protection products to the automotive, RV, marine, and motorcycle/powersports industries. In their twenty-five-year history, Safe-Guard has grown to over 500 employees across the U.S., with a client roster of over 35 leading brands, who serve over 10,000 dealers, and protect over 11 million consumers under Safe-Guard contracts.
Safe-Guard’s mission is to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from the perils of ownership. Safe-Guard is experiencing dynamic growth and has earned a stellar reputation from customers, partners, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of value-added technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) unparalleled client and customer service.
We are seeking an Instructional Designer to design/develop learning and practicing experiences. The goal is to improve the performance of learners in the Operations organization.
• Perform needs analysis; work with business clients/SMEs to identify training needs
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously by estimating timeline, deliverables and resources
• Produce interactive eLearning content to be used in conjunction with Instructor-led content
• Create supporting materials needed for both online and instructor-led curriculum (audio, video, simulations, role plays, etc.)
• Convert existing static content to online, multimedia instructional modules
• Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids)
• Design and conduct classroom training, eLearning, multimedia programs, webinars, conferences and workshops
• Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle
• Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned courses
• Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills
• Knowledge of and experience applying adult learning theory and evaluation tools
• 2 to 5 years of experience in training industry, 1 to 3 years designing online learning
• Computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Proficiency designing in Articulate Storyline 2
• Experience designing & delivering classroom training
• Ability to translate complex business products and procedures into clear, concise micro learning
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working in a contact/call center environment
• Experience managing learning in an LMS
• Experience with content authorizing tools such as Camtasia, and the Adobe suite of products
• Automotive or insurance experience
• Master’s Degree or related certification
This position has no supervisory responsibilities, however selected candidate will work closely with and mentor team members.
Up to 10% travel is possible for this position.
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.