Arizona Public Service Director of Customer Service in United States
The Director of Customer Servicewill provide strong, dynamic leadership to the contact center operations function which is responsible for coordinating call center operations across the customer service enterprise. Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of the short-term and long-term business objectives, setting direction and ensuring customer satisfaction levels meet corporate objectives. Develops and implements proactive strategies that solve business problems and drive operational excellence and continuous improvement. Plays a key leadership role in business decision-making, problem solving, leadership development and performance management. Ensure effective and efficient operations with a strong emphasis on safety, customer service, regulatory compliance, leadership development, teamwork and cost management.
BA or BS Degree in Business, Marketing or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in Customer Service, utility industry experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience. Five (5) years' experience in a leadership role. Proven ability to develop and manage high performing teams.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications
Proven ability to develop strategic partnerships and relationships both internal and external to Customer Service. Proven ability to develop and manage high performing teams. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and political savvy with the ability to navigate challenging and dynamic situations. Ability to work across all functional areas of the company to establish credibility and engage others to ensure the most effective solutions are in place. Strong critical thinking and creativity skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment by making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. Expert level communication skills demonstrated through a broad-range of written communications and presentations. Strong project management and process improvement focus. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
1) Develops and directs the implementation of strategies to substantially improve efficiencies, deliver process improvement and invoke quality service while reducing costs.
2) Develop and manage the setting and achievement of long-term and annual department goals that have company-wide impact.
3) Creates a motivated customer-service driven environment.
4) Establishes business or function goals, performance standards, operational priorities and manages allocation utilization of resources to achieve operational goals and budget.
5) Manage day-to-day customer service operations and supporting programs, including internal and external contact center operations.
6) Manage cell-center technology vendors and contracts, including conducting RFI/RFP processes, vendor selection, contract negotiations, tracking performance against service levels, quality, customer satisfaction and cost.
7) Responsible for reporting on performance, communicating issues with significant customer impact, and developing business cases for needed resources or investment on a regular and timely basis.
8) Define, implement and track key operating metrics in order to measure the effectiveness of Customer Service processes and support continuous improvement practices.
9) Monitor and evaluate performance related to service goals and objectives, analyze variances, identify process improvement opportunities and develop and drive action plans to achieve optimal results.
10) Manage and track all aspects of the budget for the contact center operation (including internal and external call centers).
11) Collaborate with senior leadership team including peer group to maximize effectiveness of programs, processes and procedures in a cross functional environment.
12) Assume full authority for the development and management of the budget within their span of control. Direct or initiate actions in cases of deviations or variances.
13) Select, develop and motivate assigned staff; make timely recommendations and/or decisions on hiring, terminations, and promotions. Provide leadership and direction to build and maintain effective teams.
14) Identify strengths and abilities in leadership, provide regular feedback, support career planning discussions, and create developmental plans for professional improvement of leadership.
15) Establish specific work goals to be achieved by direct reports and staff; develop a continuous improvement program for those goals.
16) Develop and maintain succession plans within assigned work area.
17) Keep management and the organization informed on a timely basis of progress, status, concerns and issues pertaining to contact center operations and significant project deliverables or issues.
18) Build strong internal and external strategic and collaborative relationships with other areas of the business including Transmission & Delivery, Regulatory, Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, and Legal.
19) Evaluate and implement technology options, policies and processes to provide the most effective, cost competitive customer and meter processes.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20181080
Full/Part Time: Full-Time