Children of America Assistant Preschool Director, NY in United States
At Children of America, our commitment is to enhance the developmental growth and learning experience of every child. For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among parents and colleagues. Our classrooms are safe, nurturing environments for children six weeks to five years, offering age-appropriate, play-based opportunities for exploration and discovery. From infants to toddlers, preschoolers to kindergarteners, our highly trained teachers lead each child to reach developmental milestones, preparing the children for social and academic readiness.
COA is looking for a motivated self-starter for an Assistant Director position in a childcare setting. The candidate must have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and have a good understanding of age appropriate activities for young children. We intentionally staff our schools with individuals who are talented and genuinely enthusiastic about child development. We encourage collaboration, cherish open communication, and create an outstanding work-life balance by supporting leaders and staff members every step of the way.
As an Assistant Director you will:
- Motivate staff to maximize collaboration, retention and growth
- Collaborate with the center director to maintain the day to day operations of the center
- Partner with parents from enrollment to meeting the educational needs of their children
- Manage your time as you support multiple classrooms and staff
- Nurture your leadership skills and grow your career through various opportunities
- Must meet New York state requirements.
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field OR Child Development Associate credential or other Office- recognized credential specific to the preschool development.
- One-year experience related to caring for children OR 9 college credits in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field, with a plan of study leading to a: Child Development Associate credential; Or Associate's Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Comprehensive healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Childcare Discount Program
Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan coverage
A 401(k) plan
Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program and bonus compensation
- Exclusive discounts at Avis Rent a Car
- "Alpha Perks": discounts with retailers, entertainment, hotels, pet insurance, identity theft & prepaid legal services and savings on home and auto insurance.
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 14-Jan-2019 to 15-Mar-2019 (EST)
Department: Human Resources
Location: NY, USA
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full Time