Citi Issue Management Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Manager in Mexico
Primary Location: Mexico
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18074843
Issue Management Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Manager
The Issue Management Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Manager is part of the Issue Management Organization in Mexico and is fully dedicated to issues management. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the adequate administration and execution of the Quality Assurance Review Process.
The incorporation of this role within the organization is an enabler for improvement and sustainability of the issues management practice in Mexico.
Effective Issues Management, including early identification, prompt escalation, alignment to global/local policies and timely resolution is a top priority for Citi and is one of the accountabilities of the Office Of Governance and Control Head that is delegated to the Issue Management Head.
The OGC implemented the Issue Management Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Unit as a control to review that issues are defined and framed as per corporate standards, focused on determining root cause and develop that CAPs are developed addressing issue root cause and as per corporate standards
· Be fully knowledgeable in all corporate policies and procedures related to issues management, specially the “Assessment, Issue and Corrective Action Plan Policy” and the “GFB Issue Management Policy”.
· Manage the Quality Assurance Review processes as per the applicable corporate policies including: (1) administration of incoming Quality Assurance Review requests assigning workload to Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Analysts, (2) administration of human resources allocated hours as efficiently as possible including logging labour hours in the system of record for Non-Employees (NEMs), (3) administration of timeframes and priorities for on-time delivery, (4) administration of quality and alignment to applicable corporate policies, procedures, standards, manuals and guidelines, (5) administration of financial resources as efficiently as possible, (6) administration of talent and performance, (7) administration of new employees on-boarding process and training, (8) administration of entitlements for NEMs.
· Manage new and existing Quality Assurance Review requests, assigning work to Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Analysts as efficiently and logically as possible.
· Supervise that all assigned Quality Assurance Reviews and other tasks are completed by Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Analysts in a timely fashion and as per the Quality Assurance Review Manual.
· Develop strong ability in the team and the users to understand problems and focus on Issues root cause analysis to guarantee the proper corrective action plans (CAPs).
· Identify the time, challenges and users constraints to achieve adequately the team goals.
· Keep a record of all disputes and disagreements from IMOs and/or IBCOs on Quality Assurance Reviews resolutions and resolve them.
· Escalate problems in the Quality Assurance Review Process as soon as they are identified and coordinate efforts with the Issue Management Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Executive to remediate and improve.
· Maintain an updated version of a flow chart for the Quality Assurance Review process and coordinate training sessions or communications every time there is a change in the process.
· Perform the Managers Control Assessment (MCA) as per the corporate standards.
· Communicate general status of the team to the Issue Management Quality Assurance and Independent Validation Executive at least on a biweekly basis.
· Actively participate in training sessions.
· Actively participate in recurrent issues management working groups.
Proactively provide feedback to the Issue Management Area Head to improve issues management practice
· At least 3 years of experience managing large teams
· Risk or Control management experience, 3 to 5 years of Audit experience and internal control
· At least 5 years of experience in project planning and project/program management
· Knowledgeable in the Certified Internal Audit methodology
· Knowledgeable in the Project Management Professional methodology
· Knowledgeable in problem solving methodologies
Experience processing large data files and multiple data sources to construct reports
· Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Engineering, Finance, Accounting or related
· Certified Internal Audit certification preferable
· Project Management Institute certification preferable
Fluent in English and Spanish
· Goal-oriented thinker
· Ability to influence and lead teams
· Strong ability to understand problems and focus on root cause analysis
· Strong interpersonal skills – including teamwork and organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Spanish)
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail and numbers
· Strong logical and practical mind set as solve-problem and connecting dots thinker.
· Ability to handle frustration, work under pressure with tight deadlines and unexpected requirements and priority changes
· Demonstrates solid project management skills in relation to: project plan development, budget planning, dependencies identification, identify and manage stakeholders, oriented to deliverables
Ability to follow methodologies and have limited tolerance to deviations and exceptions
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.