Digicel Group IT Service Desk Manager in Jamaica
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network. Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes. The Digicel 2030 global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment. Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
ob Title: IT Service Desk Manager _ Location: Jamaica HQ_
Primary objective of the job:
The purpose of the Service Desk Manager is to develop, lead, and motivate a team of Help Desk specialists to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness within the organization’s budget. This position has frequent contact with customers, direct reports, peers, and independent vendors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the daily activities of the Help Desk function, to include training, coaching, organizing, planning and staffing operations.
Recruit staff for the Helpdesk section of the Information Technology department
Perform interviews and provide feedback to Head of IT for promotions.
Inform Director and HRD of need and date by which a vacancy should be filled.
Conduct interview of potential candidates.
Make recommendations for shortlist to HRD and director
Discuss results of second interview (Head of IT and HRD)
Provide section orientation for new staff upon them being hired
Recommend training courses for staff to ensure they are adequately equipped to handle job requirements.
Develop a performance measurements framework and facilitate feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
Manage the major processes between IT and the business Laptop Request and Distribution process Distribution List Modification/Creation Process Incident Management IT Request and Modification process Requests for access to various systems including but not limited to network, VPN,GPRS, MINSAT etc
Participate in the development of a service level agreement and ongoing management of service level compliance.
- Maintain liaison with all departments to keep abreast of policy and procedural changes; develop and review procedures for Help Desk operating/procedure manuals.
- Participate and assist in driving the knowledge management process.
- Lead and participate in projects.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of customer and business needs.
- Resolve escalated customer issues.
- Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives.
- Prepare staffing plans.
- Manage Help Desk resources for optimal performance. This will consist of resource management for incoming customer inquiries, projects, administrative work and time allotted for holidays and paid/unpaid time off.
- Maintain a high level of employee morale within the team.
- Obtain equipment, tools, and space needed to allow team members to adequately support the customers.
- Assist in the professional and technical development of the team enabling them to set technical goals, monitor, mentor, and coach and assist team members to deliver quality support.
- Assist the Head of IT with the preparation of departmental budget and business plans and metrics.
- Manage the creation, distribution and analysis of operational reporting.
- Participate in and drive participation of the Help Desk in the organization’s change management process.
Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the support business. Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
Bachelor degree in Computer and Management Studies or equivalent
- Five (5) years of experience in an IT support or technical environment, with significant PC or client/server platform experience.
- Four (4) years experience at the managerial level
- Previous experience in LAN/network administration or systems administration in a relevant computing environment (e.g., Unix, NT) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience or skills in two or more of the following:
- Participation on multidisciplinary, high-performance work teams/groups
- Successful development and implementation of new technology and processes
- Successful experience in working with customers to develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
Link to Posting
Job Title: IT Service Desk Manager
Location: Jamaica - HQ