Digicel Group IoT IP Engineer in Jamaica
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 16 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network. Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes. The_ Digicel 2030_ global transformation programme sees it promising customers a completely new communications and entertainment experience made possible by a more agile, customer-centric application of resources and investment. Digicel is one of the first communications and entertainment providers in the world to initiate a wide scale transformation agenda. The core elements of the Digicel 2030 transformation see it undertaking a complete re-design of the organisational structure; putting customers in control and making a commitment to deliver a superior superfast network experience. Visitwww.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Job Title:* * IoT IP Engineer Location: Jamaica Expected Starting Period: First Quarter 2019
Primary objective of the job:
- The IoT IP Network Engineer is responsible for the technical system operations, and maintenance of Digicel IoT IP infrastructure. This includes the enterprise core and edge networks, and access networks, international points of presence in Miami and New York.
- To seamlessly integrate the existing Internet/IP and Data infrastructures across the region in providing an efficient, homogenous, autonomous and secure environment, capable of satisfying the needs and expectations of our customers and Regional networks.
- Oversee the administration of all IoT/M2M platforms on Digicel Group network. This involves the maintenance of Applications, Operating Systems and Hardware
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Digicel’s IoT IP infrastructures and applications meet the needs of company’s business strategy, Customer Management and Next Generation networks.
- Network design, planning, testing, implementation and assistance in the maintenance of all routers, switches and transport equipment to ensure optimum performance at all times.
- Support IoT Product Manager on an ad hoc basis
- Develop appropriate standards and practices and ensure that they are documented, maintained and applied to all projects and services.
- Contribute to developing business cases and conducting proof of concept for new product offerings.
- Design and implement an autonomous Internet and IP/Data networks to support business and customer needs.
- Liaise with hardware/software suppliers and ensure that all support/maintenance contracts are adequate and offer best value to the business.
- Facilitate the integration of Network Management (NOC) with full capabilities of effecting surveillance, monitoring and first line trouble shooting of all network nodes/elements.
- Install, Configure and manage Network management systems and conversant with IP network management concepts and procedures
- Ensure that all systems and network elements are designed and implemented with appropriate level of security, consistent with enterprise security policy.
- Perform R&D; with a view of continuously improving on, technology, products and services and customer care.
- Establish and communicate appropriate service level agreements (SLA’s) for measuring the productivity of key business processes and respective applications
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure timely development and deployment of new products and services.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as per business requirement.
- Maintain all major network elements so as to achieve 99.99% availability
Perform other duties as requested by manager. Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
1+ year working experience Operations and/or Network engineering in an IP environment.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent certification
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience Functional Skills:
Candidate must possess a high-level of technical expertise, have strong organizational skills and be able to learn and define technical processes and procedures. Candidate must be able to plan, provide analysis, design and implement technical solutions.
- Network configuration, design and management, including router, firewall, network Access servers, core network, WIFI, CPE’S, BGP peering and domain management.
- Knowledge of Data Communications, including an in depth understanding of MPLS, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN protocols and VOIP.
- Knowledge of network equipment: routers, bridges, BRAS and switches
- Knowledge of host based, network security, firewalls, intrusion detection, and syslog.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced IP switching and routing
- Design, operations and maintenance of an IP and ISP environment.
- Functional operations, maintenance of wireless broadband, Video and VOIP technologies.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Domain Name concepts and configuration
- Fault management and functional integration/operation of the NOC.
- Internet and Network Security.
- Structure and operation of the internet gateway links.
- Network, planning, engineering and development.
- Equipment evaluation and selection process
- Analytical and open minded
Additionally, the individual should be familiar with:
- Management of projects, particular rolled out to a user’s across multiple geographies
- Growing trends with technology especially in the areas of IoT/IP/IT technology.
- Analytical and performance reporting/generating tools.
- Electronic requisitioning and work-flow based approval systems
- SLA development and performance management and reporting tools.
- Basic understanding of the connectivity and operations of a GSM network
Job Title: IoT IP Engineer
Job Function: International Business
Location: Jamaica - HQ