AT&T SECURITY FIREWALL ENGINEER in India
The Firewall Engineer role is primarily responsible for providing top level technical support of the perimeter security infrastructure. Experience with designing, deploying, and supporting enterprise class Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortigate and Cisco firewall, Bluecoat Proxy Servers, and MIDS Solutions. Engineer is responsible for the upkeep of the infrastructure including the scheduling of changes, software upgrades, or configuration and incident management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Support the perimeter security infrastructure, consisting of firewalls, proxy appliances.
Provides day to day support for security engineering, operations tasks and on-call technical including assisting peers with issues and escalations.
Analyze, interpret, and recommend solutions for system shortfalls, discrepancies, or improvements in technologies and security requirements.
Ensures the implementation of the IT network design for efficient operation, appropriate growth, and needed levels of reliability and security.
Facilitate refresh of network security devices with a focus on capacity, manageability, and security of new and existing security infrastructure.
A solid understanding of available network operating systems, network devices, and networking protocols is essential.
The individual must be experienced in large enterprise or service provider network architecture, analysis, and engineering implementation.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Degree in computer science, engineering disciplines or equivalent technical certification or experience.
• In depth knowledge of Firewall, Proxies, internet intrusion detection systems, and End Point Security infrastructure.
• Minimum requirement Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA).
• Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE) is an advantage.
• Knowledge of Blue Coat Proxy is also an advantage, particularly those with BCCPA or BCCPP certifications.
• Experience in implementation, engineering of enterprise-wide IT infrastructure security services.
• Experience in software and hardware lifecycle management and System Integration skills i.e. experience in integrating solutions for a large IT infrastructure.
• Hardware deployment, implementation and troubleshooting skills are required.
• Network routing with BGP/OSPF.
• Working knowledge of network analysis/sniffing tools such as tcpdump, pcap, and wireshark.
• Unix/Linux expertise is a preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
• Good time and project management skills with the ability to handle concurrent tasks with changing prioritization.
Education and Qualifications:
Minimum 4 years of working experience in supporting networking, application, and/or network-security technologies.
This is a shift-based role.