RELX Group Quality Test Engineer III in United Kingdom
Quality Test Engineer III
Location: United Kingdom
Quality Test Engineer
Based in Holborn, London
• Quality Engineer for EG – Major career opportunity in thriving and innovation led online brand.
• EG is part of RBI and the FTSE100 RELX Group.
• Salary to Competitive + 25 days holiday + 2 charity days + share options scheme + pension + more!
EG is a truly exciting business and a great company to work for; we use forward-thinking technology and nurture an innovation and collaboration lead culture to deliver game-changing software to the property industry. We have a fantastic office opposite Holborn station, really bright and modern with a real buzz, we have genuinely talented staff with a passion for what they do, and the social side isn’t bad either!
We have an opportunity available for a QA Engineer with excellent problem solving and test automation skills – someone who is an excellent communicator and collaborator with experience of working in forward thinking agile teams.
What you will do:
• Develop, maintain and execute automated tests to successfully enable delivery of high-quality websites and products in a continuous delivery environment.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
• Plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
• Develop, write and execute manual tests, particularly, performing exploratory testing where/when required.
In terms of skills and experience the priorities are:
• Excellent general technical awareness and aptitude (knowledge of relevant technologies / test tools / languages / databases) and the ability to solve challenges in a number of different technologies.
• Experience of integrating automated tests with continuous integration pipelines (e.g. using TeamCity / Jenkins) – one-click deployments.
• Familiarity with Git/BitBucket.
• Experience of working in an Agile Development environment (Scrum/Kanban)
• Natural and prolific communicator.
• Strong interpersonal and stakeholder skills.
• Experience of testing solutions that use Event Driven Architecture.
• Experience of AWS technologies e.g. SQS and SNS.
• Knowledge of querying, updating and inserting records into Mongo DB.
What’s it like to work here?
Outstanding - you’ve probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what differentiates us from the crowd is our culture. We’re an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understand the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
In addition to all of this we offer the following 'core' benefits:
• 25 days holiday.
• 2 paid charity days a year (as a business we do a lot of charity work).
• Pension and life assurance schemes.
• Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE).
• Competitive Salaries.
It’s worth noting that whilst EG is a hugely successful brand in its own right, it’s also part of RBI and the FTSE100 RELX Group, powerhouses in the global digital world and hugely respected tech-driven businesses. This means that we’re able to offer the best-of-both-words, a close-knit, collegial, flexible and dynamic team but with the stability, investment, benefits and career opportunities that go with being part of a growing global organisation.
Forbes has ranked RELX Group as one of the world’s best employers. Based on the results of an independent survey, RELX Group is 53rd in the list out of 2000 companies. We are the only UK-based company in the computer services industry to feature on the list. More than 360,000 global recommendations were analysed to create the list.
RELX Group has also been named by Forbes as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. We are one of only 20 European groups and five UK-based companies to be named among the world’s top 100 most innovative companies.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.