Citi Mexico GCB Operations FP&A Analyst in Costa Rica
Primary Location: Costa Rica
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18075514
Be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at the Costa Rica Analytical Center with a role that gives you the opportunity to provide insight and analytics to Citi’s CEO, CFO and senior management with key information needed to make strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
Learn and build a career in the banking business while improving your quantitative and analytical skills by tackling challenges in a dynamic environment.
If you are a person that has a desire to learn, have intellectual curiosity and good knowledge in accounting, economics, banking and finance, this position will give you a valuable opportunity to be continuously learning about the business, the industry and its macroeconomic environment. Also, you will be developing the ability to identify and evaluate key elements of multiple dimensions and perspectives impacting performance. In time, you will improve your understanding of the interrelatedness of all these aspects to provide a high-end quantitative/qualitative analysis.
Become part of our team and take advantage of a position that will create a significant mobility and career development opportunity within the Citi Finance organization.
·Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Industrial Engineer or a related field with at least 3-6 years of experience
·Understanding of Banking & Finance products and markets is preferable but not essential
·Financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models is desirable
·Keen interest in business and economic environment
·Bilingual: English and Spanish. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Portuguese is a plus
·Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
·Ability collaborate within a team while being able to work independently as an individual contributor
·Good analytical skills, intellectual curiosity
·Ability to question status quo, and identify opportunities to reengineer/streamline processes
·Ability to partner with senior stakeholders across businesses and geographies
·Ability to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity
· Develop effective and efficient operating model with international FP&A teams to smoothly migrate activities into the site
· Develop analytical support working with local FP&A teams and their business partners
· Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Interprets and summarizes data. Integrates disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with developing understanding of related industry practices.
· Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area.
· Makes judgments and recommendations based on analysis and domain knowledge. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results.
· Responsible for more specific work and Ad-hoc request based on the business necessity. Specific activities include:
o Contribute in the analysis of key management review decks for Regions & Products
o Participation in time critical activities for FP&A teams
o Support conducting monthly and quarterly reporting. However, focus of the team will be addressing ad hoc strategic issues that are complementary to regular Planning and Analysis processes
o Development of materials for review with Business
o Participation in forward looking activities including annual budgeting and monthly estimate process
· Drive standardization of activities including the identification of productivity and efficiency
· Drive/support reengineering projects to improve productivity, improve controls and quality of key activities
· Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team
· Ensure there is a strong culture of high integrity, ethics and meritocracy
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.