HomeStreet Bank Branch Assistant - Part Time 30 hours in Vancouver, Washington
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
To set up files and provide clerical and operational support to loan officers and branch managers.
• Provide administrative support to the branch:
• Answer branch telephone and direct calls as appropriate. Order office supplies, coffee, mail, and general office duties.
• As time is available, provide production support to the branch:
• Assist Loan Officers with their marketing materials to free their time to obtain additional business. Help Loan Officers to gather potential clients from their database and assist in marketing to those clients.
• Participating in training programs as required by management.
• Developing, maintaining, and facilitating a good working relationship with and between all company staff, customers, and others involved in transactions. This requires excellent communication skills, including the ability to respond appropriately and to communicate effectively and courteously in circumstances involving time deadlines, dissatisfied customers or other members of the public, and other high-stress conditions.
• High school diploma or equivalent education required. At least one year of office experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills-phone, personal contact and written, required.
• Professional in standards, skills and manner of dealing with others, required.
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions, by independently researching and assessing options and resources.
• Able to deal with customers, real estate agents, and attorneys in an effective and efficient manner.
• Strong ability, desire and enjoyment in working with others, both employees and customers, in a cooperative, professional and friendly spirit.
• Able to work as part of a team as well as independently, and with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Maintain effective communication and working relationship with co-workers and manager, branches and home office departments.
• Possess good judgment, ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
• Must be a self-starter, dependable, accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Able to work under pressure and possible long irregular hours.
• Knowledge of personal computers helpful.
• Willingness to assume additional duties/projects as they arise.
• Able to accept and facilitate change whether indicated by corporate needs, market, or regulatory requirements.
• Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
• Regular and punctual attendance
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) Registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with HomeStreet Bank, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to HomeStreet Bank's registration. Your continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter.
Residential (Sales), SFL SF Admin Support Other
Who We Are
Founded in 1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance products and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be the trusted and preferred source of financial services for our clients.
Our drive to achieve this goal begins with trust – in our own abilities and in those who we work with each day. At HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make decisions that support innovation, and deliver results for customers. Employees collaborate across teams to make the right decisions, share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.
We believe in promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how we deliver value every day.
As a rapidly expanding company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow. Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion
HomeStreet is committed to a diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds. We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we are better able to serve our customers and understand their financial services needs and goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Employing Individuals with Disabilities
HomeStreet embraces the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment with HomeStreet Bank: Recruiting@homestreet.com.
Come Grow With Us
For more than 90 years, HomeStreet Bank has maintained a strong commitment to ethics, customer service and support of our communities. Building trust with our customers and employees is at the core of everything we do, and we’re looking for talented and motivated people to join us as we grow and evolve as a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to employee development. We continually aim to build and maintain a successful team of talented people who feel challenged to do their best every day. We hire for potential, support personal development, and whenever possible, promote from within.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and incentives with the opportunity to give back to the community. Whether you’re just beginning your career in financial services, or have years of experience, we have a wide range of job opportunities for you to consider.