Robert Half International Manager, Property Management in Vancouver, British Columbia
Do you have exceptional property management accounting experience? Our client requires a Manager, Property Management for an 18 month contract. Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare/review property/portfolio monthly reports on financial and operating results in accordance with required templates and timelines while ensuring the accuracy of the reported information.
- Assist in training and managing Property Accountants on accounting policies and procedures, reviewing their work, and providing feedback to achieve efficiencies and effectiveness of accounting procedures.
- Review output from the Property Accountants including monthly reports, variance analysis, year-end files, financial statements and budgets to ensure accuracy and completion in accordance with established timelines.
- Assist with the preparation of financial and operational information along with analysis and commentary to support decisions for senior management, tenants, auditors and co-owners.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Review financial reports for accuracy and completeness in accordance with policies and timelines;
- Prepare annual financial statements for co-owners in accordance with agreed upon accounting standards;
- Assist in the annual external audit of financial statements for various entities;
- Monitoring of inter-company balances and working with head office teams to resolve any issues;
- Assist with ensuring that key controls over financial reporting are operating effectively for areas of responsibility.
To be considered for this role, you are a designated CPA (CA/CGA/CMA) with 5+ years of experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment including preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS. Also you must have the following skills and experience as follows:
- 1 to 3 years of relevant accounting experience and understanding of IFRS for real estate entities in the property management industry sector
- Experience preparing/reviewing property/portfolio monthly reports on financial and operating results in accordance with required templates and timelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to produce high quality reports
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to interact at all organizational levels
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
If you are a qualified and experienced senior-level accounting or finance professional, please submit your resume to Robert Half Management Resources today. Contact our Vancouver office at [email protected] and include a subject line stating "Manager, Property Management". Please quote Job number 05060-0010755995 in all correspondence.
Our industry-leading alliances and broad client network provide you greater access to a variety of unique interim and long-term project opportunities that can keep you continuously engaged. We also provide competitive benefits and compensation packages, as well as online training and continuing professional education (CPE). Our parent company, Robert Half, has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998.
At Robert Half Management Resources, your experience matters - and we put it to good use. To apply for this position or for more information on other engagements, visit us online at roberthalfmr.com or call your branch office at 1.888.400.7474.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Robert Half Management Resources. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: Vancouver, BC
Date Posted: December 7, 2018
Employment Type: Contract-to-full-time
Job Reference: 05060-0010755995
Staffing Area: Interim Project-Based Financial