Cosma International Commodity Manager - Electronics in Troy, Michigan
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complete powertrain systems, including engine and transmission components. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Find what drives you, and transform your career at Magna Powertrain.
Supports and implements supply base strategy for Magna Powertrain North America in assigned Electronics commodities: Motors, ECUs, Sensors and Solenoids.
- Work with the division buyers to lead the MPT commodity teams
- Develop and implement commodity strategy in assigned Electronics commodities: Motors, ECUs, Sensors and Solenoids
- Evaluate supplier cost structure to obtain best overall value on behalf of MPT
- Utilize a total cost approach to optimizing piece prices for assign commodities, tactics to include but not limited to bundling, global sourcing, multiple sources/competition, specification changes, process optimization, value analysis/value engineering, logistics, payment term improvement
- Assist MPT divisions in establishing supplier Long Term Agreements and supplier giveback terms for all components assigned to him/her
- Lead a cross functional team in support of the assigned commodities, including Program Management, Engineering, Production Control and Logistics, Supplier Quality Development and Quality departments
- Coordinate supplier development, consolidation, and reduction programs/suppliers
- Liaise with all other MPT divisions, to coordinate cost savings initiatives, and off-shore sourcing for North American component requirement
- Lead divisional cost savings initiatives with negotiation, alternate sourcing strategies and qualifying potential suppliers
- Assist Divisional Purchasing Managers with but not limited to, hiring of purchasing personnel, interviewing, conflict resolution, performance development review, coaching, termination, etc.
- Within a given commodity, assure purchasing leveraging is optimized by providing oversight of the consolidated buy for all the MPT Divisions
- Keep senior MPT management informed of commercial issues through communications and presentations
- Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, engineering, business, or related discipline; Master’s preferred.
- Possess, or in process of attaining, a recognized purchasing designation (i.e. C.P.M. or A.P.P., etc.) preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years automotive purchasing experience.
- Commodities including but not limited to; Motors, ECUs, Sensors, Solenoids
Skills and Competencies
- Self-starter, excellent people and problem-solving skills, strong task ownership and superior work ethic.
- Must be able to relate and communicate well with people at all levels.
- Must be very familiar with QS9000, TS16949, and ISO14001 procedures.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: Magna Powertrain Troy - Corporate
Job Type: Regular