Lisi Aerospace QUALITY ADMINISTRATOR I in Torrance, California
QUALITY ADMINISTRATOR I
SUMMARY Reviews, evaluates and ensures compliance of parts shipped to quality standards and customer requirements. Completes test reports for shipments, evaluates quality records for adequacy and acceptance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation for disabilities may be made for one or more of the following
• Reviews manufacturing routers for completeness and accuracy.
• Performs quality review of documentation prior to shipment for acceptance.
• Evaluates quality records for accuracy. Keeps quality records filed and up to date.
• Creates test reports and certifications for the company.
• Checks raw material certifications and enters data into raw material database
• Scans and files documents in accordance with department procedures
• Supports customer service with the handling of quality “requests” directly initiated by our customers.
• Follow all 5S department procedures which include but are not limited to; keeping floors clean of oil and debris, returning tools to proper locations, organize part pans, and performs other housekeeping duties.
• Performs testing and inspection as needed
• Attends all required job related training (internal and external).
• All employees are responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, LISI Aerospace, and HSE Procedures.
• All employees are responsible for attending all training provided and for adhering to all HSE procedures, policies, and plans, conforming to reporting requirements, and safe operating procedures at all times.
• All employees are required to bring any known or suspected nonconformance for all company procedures or legal requirements to management’s attention immediately.
• Continually seek opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results.
• Other duties may be assigned.
WAYS OF WORKING, EXPERIENCE, AND BEHAVIORS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Understands work flows and procedures.
• Technical Skills – Understands and has working knowledge of QA process, procedures and function; Able to clearly share expertise and transfer technical knowledge to others; Communicates technical knowledge and expertise with customers to instill confidence regarding quality function.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquiries regardless of the situation; Presents complex concepts in a simple manner to achieve understanding.
• Written Communication – Writes technical documents clearly and accurately; Transfers technical data into meaningful written documents that can be understood by all levels of the organization.
• Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Understands the importance of the quality role in the organization.
• Cost Consciousness – Works within the direction of the department’s resources; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; AA Degree preferred • Minimum of 3 years of clerical/administrative experience preferably in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic mainframe computer systems and familiar with Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, licenses, registrations Evidence of “US person” is required under ITAR.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, and to speak and listen. The employee is frequently required to sit and requires eye-hand coordination, repetitive hand movement and manual dexterity use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and walk. The employee must occasionally bend, reach to shoulder level and lift, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing level within normal/average range.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Safety and Environmental The responsibilities of the position include compliance with company and governmental safety, environmental and hazardous materials regulations and procedures. Employee will be required to wear personal safety equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, or proper footwear PPE in specified areas.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.