Lisi Aerospace PLATER I in Torrance, California
The Plater I individual performs the essential tasks associated with proper operations of plating and metal processing functions with little supervisor. Follows improvement plans to production processes, methods and controls to maximize efficiency of the manufacturing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation for disabilities may be made for one or more of the following:
• Performs cleaning and metal processing assignments by blueprints and other specifications including, but not limited to grit blast, aqueous wash, and hot salt.
• Operates plating equipment such as spin dryers, hoists, sand blasters, and bake ovens. Troubleshoots problems and determines action to be taken.
• Operates electric or manual pumps in the removal of chemicals or acids from plating tanks when necessary.
• Performs parts cleaning operations per customer, industry, and/or internal specifications and requirements.
• Required to observe all safety rules including, wearing of safety equipment for the handling and usage of acids and chemicals, proper use of all equipment, etc.
• Must perform duties within required company and/or industry standards, specifications and policies.
• Ensures product quality according to company and/or industry standards and practices.
• Must handle all chemicals in accordance with all applicable company and governmental standards and requirements.
• Monitors all equipment in the department and corrects the problem or reports to Lead or Supervisor when any equipment in need of repair.
• Adheres and implements all company HSE policies, procedures, and practices.
• Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, LISI Aerospace, and HSE Procedures.
• Responsible for attending all training provided and for adhering to all HSE procedures, policies, and plans, conforming to reporting requirements, and safe operating procedures at all times.
• Required to bring any known or suspected nonconformance for all company procedures or legal requirements to management’s attention immediately.
• Continually seek opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results.
• Supports and maintains waste elimination initiatives specifically related to the function and department such as EMS and recycling opportunities to elimination of production waste.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Ways of working, Experience, and Behaviors To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses experience to complement data; understands the work flows and procedures.
• Technical Skills – Technical skills in manufacturing and processing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquires regardless of the situation; Presents complex concepts in a simple manner to achieve understanding of benefit plans at all levels of the organization. Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Places success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of team members.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for resources in a creative way only adding cost as absolutely necessary; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules their tasks
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Supervisory Responsibilities This position requires no supervisory duties
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• Working experience of processing manufacturing procedures
• A minimum of 1 - 3 years related experience and/or training is desired.
Language skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and write semi-complex instructions, presentations, reports, email, etc. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Word Processing; Spreadsheet software; and other applications.
Reasoning ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The responsibilities of the position include compliance with company and governmental safety, environmental and hazardous materials regulations and procedures. Must use all Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company for the position and the environment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.