VMware Associate Consultant in Tokyo, Japan
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website.
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
Insights into your Role
The Associate Consultant will work with our highly talented and experienced VMware Professional Services Team to deliver creative solutions to our customers to help unlock the benefits of our VMware products. In this role, you will use your technical, consultative, communication, and leadership skills to support the successful implementation of VMware software solutions (Cloud, Mobility, Network/Security) in a variety of industry verticals and customer environments. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the client and other team members on the day-to-day tasks involved with the solution delivery, including, but not limited to: planning, customer assessments, system configuration, testing, training, troubleshooting, and technical issue resolution.
A typical day of a consultant are as follows:
• Engage with customers, to gather requirements and information of customer’s infrastructure environment and technological roadmap
• Conduct workshops with customers to detail the decisions for the design of the virtual infrastructure
• Draft documents pertaining to the agreed upon design, taking into consideration the overarching business intent and roadmap
• Collaborate with internal team and VMware partners to ensure successful project delivery and ensure the solution is appropriately addressing customer’s problems
• Implementation of the solution, whether on-field or remotely, with configurations according to the agreed design
• Conduct testing to ensure the functionality and interoperability of the standalone solution as well as with other solutions implemented
• Conduct workshops to properly educate and update the customer of the things implemented in their environment
• Support and collaborate with sales team, to drive conversations of future projects
• Attend courses and training to properly equip self with knowledge and hands-on experience
· BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related.
· A self-motivated person with a love of technology and consulting, that will give their all to exceed goals and develop their career dreams.
· Customer focused, an outgoing individual that can build rapport easily, no matter what situation.
· A good listener with strong empathy skills, who can tune into customers and anticipate their needs.
· Someone who loves to collaborate, has strong business ethics and phenomenal communication skills.
· Resilient and positive, with a strong drive for results and the ability to both deal with ambiguity and thrive in a collaborative high-energy environment.
· Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies space.
· Hands on IT experience from either Internships, Co-Ops, Work Experience and/or Projects.
· Application development and coding experience.
· Leadership experience through either leading extracurricular activities (e.g. university clubs/committee) or volunteer work.
· Technical knowledge of or prior experience using VMware products.
· Strong foundation and knowledge of IT Basics, including (Networks, Security, Storage, Compute etc.)
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: New Graduate
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-03-30
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs